PDA

View Full Version : Frigging weather. Nooooooooooo What to do?

rumatt
04-15-2005, 11:38 AM
4/22 is my day at limerock. Look at this freaking weather report. Sonofabitch. :flame:

Do I dare go on Falken Azenis if it's raining? :cry:

http://forums.carmudgeons.com/files/weather_129.jpg

BahnBaum
04-15-2005, 11:42 AM
4/22 is my day at limerock. Look at this freaking weather report. Sonofabitch. :flame:

Do I dare go on Falken Azenis if it's raining? :cry: [/img]

Way, way, way too early to start trusting weather forecasts. You have a better shot of something breaking on your car between now and Friday, then you have of the weather guy's dice rolling really meaning anything. :P

Alex

rumatt
04-15-2005, 11:47 AM
You have a better shot of something breaking on your car between now and Friday, then you have of the weather guy's dice rolling really meaning anything. :P

Probably true, but that doesn't mean either probability is low. :P

I have two sets of wheels/tires for the E30.

- 195/55/14 basket weaves with Falken Azenis (3 mm tread remaining)

- 205/50/15 Kosie's with brand new Falken Azenis (used for autox)

I was hoping to use the track school to kill the 195's... but if it rains, I'm not so sure.. :speechle: And no, I'm NOT getting a third set of wheels. :flipoff:

Roadstergal
04-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Do I dare go on Falken Azenis if it's raining?

I don't know - do you? :dunno: I did PR on Azenis in the rain. If you're smooth, you're fine. But don't lift.

rumatt
04-15-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't know - do you? :dunno:

I might just do it anyway, and drive conseratively.

If you're smooth, you're fine. But don't lift.

I know in theory, but find myself lifting all the time when I'm not supposed to. :banghead: Rain will be a good incentive to learn. :)

Nick M3
04-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't know - do you? :dunno:

I might just do it anyway, and drive conseratively.

If you're smooth, you're fine. But don't lift.

I know in theory, but find myself lifting all the time when I'm not supposed to. :banghead: Rain will be a good incentive to learn. :)

Crash course (sic) in not lifting: 30 degrees sideways at 100MPH in a downhill off-camber 'chute with a truncated braking zone at the end. :twisted:

rumatt
04-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Crash course (sic) in not lifting: 30 degrees sideways at 100MPH in a downhill off-camber 'chute with a truncated braking zone at the end. :twisted:

Here's something I've wondered for a while.

If you're in a car that oversteers easily, you obviously can't lift if you're cornering at the limit. So what do you do when you go into a corner too fast? There's basically no way to slow down. You're basically hosed?

Intentionally get a bit sideways to scrub off speed? :speechle:

Roadstergal
04-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Slide.

If you're going WAY too fast, hope they have a lot of runoff, call the corner a loss and brake in a line.

JST
04-15-2005, 02:40 PM

If you're in a car that oversteers easily, you obviously can't lift if you're cornering at the limit. So what do you do when you go into a corner too fast? There's basically no way to slow down. You're basically hosed?

Don't go into the corner too fast.

Nick M3
04-15-2005, 03:59 PM

As Carrie said, slide.

That said, you can usually adjust your line to handle more speed--by braking later (and more), or just going out a lot wider than you would normally.

The alternative, of course, is the gravel trap.

And that was a real world example i gave, by the way. I *thought* the turn was dry and discovered that this was an incorrect assumption right around the apex.

rumatt
04-15-2005, 04:27 PM
And that was a real world example i gave, by the way.

Kids under 25 should not be allowed to drive high horsepower cars. :twisted:

Nick M3
04-15-2005, 05:16 PM
And that was a real world example i gave, by the way.

Kids under 25 should not be allowed to drive high horsepower cars. :twisted:

It was on the track. :twisted:

kognito
04-15-2005, 05:57 PM
try using zip code 06039 in your 10 day search :?

Lakeville (06039) is where the track is. it looks a little better now