PDA

View Full Version : Wife may co-drive E30 at this Sunday's autox

rumatt
04-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Should be interesting: (watch out course workers!!!)

Plaz, I think your car is in the same class as my car. You should drive too to give her some newbie competition...

Then again, you wouldn't want to be beat by a girl! :flipoff: (on the off chance a childish taunt will help push you over the edge)

Plaz
04-13-2005, 07:22 PM
We're actually going to be out of town this weekend... and I still plan on coming to one meet to point and snicker before actually driving. :)

BahnBaum
04-13-2005, 07:46 PM
There's another wife who has asked her 'mudgeon hubby to register for her first autox.

Alex

bren
04-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Yeah, but that's in something a little more powerful than an e30. I hope Rgal approves :twisted:

TD
04-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah, but that's in something a little more powerful than an e30. I hope Rgal approves :twisted:

Well, she did the autox school with us. So if that counts as an autox for my wife, it counts for yours as well.

I think your wife edged my wife by a couple tenths of a second on Saturday.

rumatt
04-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah, but that's in something a little more powerful than an e30.

Women haven't yet developed the natural abilities and instincts necessary for driving high powered cars. Personally, I think they shouldn't be allowed to drive at all. After all, it's not like they can't ride bicycles or take the bus. :dunno:

bren
04-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Quasi-Rcomps and 50+ HP will do that. She wants to run some of the CCA autox's so it looks like your wife will have a chance to get back at her :sumo:

rumatt
04-13-2005, 08:27 PM
There's another wife who has asked her 'mudgeon hubby to register for her first autox.

Nice.

I have a feeling mine is doing this to make me happy (I said she should try it just once) and will never have any desire to do it again. But we'll see.

TD
04-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Quasi-Rcomps and 50+ HP will do that. She wants to run some of the CCA autox's so it looks like your wife will have a chance to get back at her :sumo:

Try 90+ HP.

But, honestly, neither of our spouses were pushing either car very hard.

Roadstergal
04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah, but that's in something a little more powerful than an e30.

Women haven't yet developed the natural abilities and instincts necessary for driving high powered cars. Personally, I think they shouldn't be allowed to drive at all. After all, it's not like they can't ride bicycles or take the bus. :dunno:

Give aty's daughter her runs; her quality of life will be unbearable otherwsie.

rumatt
04-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Give aty's daughter her runs; her quality of life will be unbearable otherwsie.

:lol: touche

rumatt
04-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Successful day co-driving the 325is! Yeeeha. There were at least 10-15 E30's at this autox. That was pretty nice to see.

Quote of the day goes to my wife. "Why do all these people like your old, junky car so much?". :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was after she witnessed a number of people compliment the car. I really don't think it's anything special, but I guess it's in good shape compared to most of the E30's out there. Several people asked if it was repainted... and I still need to take a PC to it.

By the time we got home, the fuel pump was screaming. I was happy to make it home without it failing. I'm not driving the car again until it's replaced.