PDA

View Full Version : Ever driven in the street with your helmet on...

FC
10-30-2003, 02:07 PM
...just for kicks? Just curious... I think it would be pretty funny to see people's reaction. I thought of it when I was driving back from our last Autox and I had my helmet on the passenger seat.

I think it's stupid and would probably just provoke a bunch of idiots to want to race you, but it would be funny. Maybe I am just weird.

dan
10-30-2003, 02:09 PM
I don't have a helmet :P

FC
10-30-2003, 02:16 PM

Notice how I posted this on the "going faster forum" :mad: :twisted:

dan
10-30-2003, 02:19 PM

Notice how I posted this on the "going faster forum" :mad: :twisted:

nope, didn't notice :smile:

Chris330Ci
10-30-2003, 07:52 PM
When I first got mine, I went around the block with it on to see how it felt. I got TONS of weird looks, laughs, and finger points. :? :lol: I went along with it and had a good time. Coincidentally one of my friends happened to see me doing this and every now and then that story is brought up over beers. :trink6:

ayn
10-30-2003, 07:54 PM
I did when I first got mine as well...

--Andrew

Mathew
10-30-2003, 08:11 PM
Go for a test drive wearing a helmet :D

kognito
10-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Not exactly the same thing, but myself and a co-worker were working at a customers plant near Atlanta. The work we were doing required us to wear special suits to work in a clean room. (covered head to toe in white Tyvek suits)

On a dare, we left the plant the first night wearing the clean room suits, and checked into our hotel rooms dressed this way. We got plenty of strange looks from people in the lobby. (the hotel manager had no sense of humor, either!!) :twisted:

We got some strange looks while driving, also

Terri Kennedy
10-30-2003, 10:04 PM
We got plenty of strange looks from people in the lobby.
That's because you forgot to wear your Devo hats with the suits :D

SteveM
10-30-2003, 11:33 PM
As a teenager when I had a motorcycle, my buddy and I wore our helmets in a car together. We got some weird looks with two of us wearing helmets.....

Rob
10-31-2003, 03:07 PM
I would think driving around with a helmet on is similar to driving home from a hpds with your numbers on the window - cop magnet.

FC
10-31-2003, 03:16 PM
I would think driving around with a helmet on is similar to driving home from a hpds with your numbers on the window - cop magnet.

Without a doubt.

The HACK
10-31-2003, 03:42 PM
Stuka and I went to a Porkchop dealership with our helmet...:paranoid:

You should've seen the faces on all the sales drones when we're sitting in the cars with our helmets on. :twisted:

FC
10-31-2003, 03:52 PM

You should've seen the faces on all the sales drones when we're sitting in the cars with our helmets on. :twisted:

I would have loved to have seen that. :D

mquetel
10-31-2003, 05:51 PM

I don't suppose they were falling all over themselves to offer you a test drive. :smile:

The HACK
10-31-2003, 05:58 PM

I don't suppose they were falling all over themselves to offer you a test drive. :smile:

:dunno:

Why not? Stuka was going to purchase a $120,000 car right there on the spot.

mquetel
10-31-2003, 06:00 PM

:dunno:

Why not? Stuka was going to purchase a $120,000 car right there on the spot.

Ah... I did not realize that had already been established. :oops: