PDA

View Full Version : TD, did you ever get to drive the Volvo V70 R?

FC
10-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Just curious.

TD
10-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Nope.

Dealers weren't getting sticks for dealer stock, so the only way to test drive a stick would have been to buy one. I was told this by a dealer with the additional comment that, if I didn't like it, I could always return it. Yeah, whatever...

But I also decided I hated the look of the front end of all V70/S70s and also decided that $40+K was a good bit more than I wanted to spend. Remember, we got our Saab for ~$20K less.

FC
10-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Nope.

Dealers weren't getting sticks for dealer stock, so the only way to test drive a stick would have been to buy one. I was told this by a dealer with the additional comment that, if I didn't like it, I could always return it. Yeah, whatever...

But I also decided I hated the look of the front end of all V70/S70s and also decided that $40+K was a good bit more than I wanted to spend. Remember, we got our Saab for ~$20K less.

What a joke.

I agree 100%. I am not fond of the front end either. Particularly that horrendous line the hood makes (perhaps a black or dark gray color will hide some of the front end uglyness).

I was just curious since as a 2-3 year old model, perhaps I could get a good deal on a used automatic. I'll see if any dealers around here have one in stock to go test drive. Thanks.