PDA

View Full Version : Okay... registered my wife and myself for the autox school

TD
03-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Now to get someone to watch the kids the morning of the 9th.

BahnBaum
03-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Now to get someone to watch the kids the morning of the 9th.

Registered my son also.

Ancient Chinese secret: Bren and I discovered that the NCC clock must be off several hours. It allowed us to register at 7 PM yesterday as though it was today. Not that demand for NCC events is so high that you have to register immediately, but it's still nice to know.

Hope to see you there,
Alex

bren
03-10-2005, 08:46 AM
My wife and father are registered....now they get to fight over who drives the M3 and who gets the 325 :)

TD
03-10-2005, 09:44 AM
My wife and father are registered....now they get to fight over who drives the M3 and who gets the 325 :)

I'm in my M3 and my wife is in her 323iC.

The biggest problem is that she's going to be VERY reluctant to push her car very hard. She'll be smooth, but...

bren
03-10-2005, 10:35 AM
The biggest problem is that she's going to be VERY reluctant to push her car very hard. She'll be smooth, but...
I'm thinking we'll leave DSC on for whoever drives the M3...but I think they'll be taking it really easy also.

Nick M3
03-10-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking we'll leave DSC on for whoever drives the M3...but I think they'll be taking it really easy also.

DSC is for losers. Don't make me tell Michelle that. :twisted:

TD
03-10-2005, 10:52 AM

We don't have no stinkin' DSC here.

(Okay, we do have "ASC+T". But it'll be off.)

JST
03-10-2005, 11:07 AM

Yeah, you haven't really lived until you've mashed the accelerator a bit too hard and gone screaming in a moderate tankslapper toward the curbs that separate the top and bottom halves of the Bowie lot.

That'll wake you up better'n coffee.

BahnBaum
03-10-2005, 11:17 AM

Yeah, you haven't really lived until you've mashed the accelerator a bit too hard and gone screaming in a moderate tankslapper toward the curbs that separate the top and bottom halves of the Bowie lot.

I think a recommended safety improvement at Bowie would be to stick some plywood ramps on both sides of those seperators. Then if you hit one, at least you're airborne...

Alex

TD
03-10-2005, 11:27 AM

I think a recommended safety improvement at Bowie would be to stick some plywood ramps on both sides of those seperators. Then if you hit one, at least you're airborne...

Alex

The last autox I did was out at Bowie. This was like two years ago.

I recall long straight stretches leading up to those gaps in the curbs. Have there been autoxes there that did not have those?

Nick M3
03-10-2005, 11:30 AM

Alex

I recall long straight stretches leading up to those gaps in the curbs. Have there been autoxes there that did not have those?

The straights just make you sideways. I can't recall a time that I've not been sideways through them on one side or the other. Every run. In the M3, of course. :)

I've never had tank slapper there, just a nicely controlled high speed drift. (I'm guessing shocks help.)

bren
03-10-2005, 11:31 AM

:mad:

I think I do enough spinning for the entire family :speechle:

TD
03-10-2005, 11:32 AM

Alex

The straights just make you sideways. I can't recall a time that I've not been sideways through them on one side or the other. Every run. In the M3, of course. :)

I've never had tank slapper there, just a nicely controlled high speed drift. (I'm guessing shocks help.)

I was surprised to see that you still haven't taken down pics (at your site) from autoxes *that* long ago.

http://www.nrubenstein.com/albums/2002nccautox5/mini_NSR_2002_1012_111214AA.sized.jpg

bren
03-10-2005, 11:33 AM

Been there.....ask Alex :eeps:

BahnBaum
03-10-2005, 11:49 AM

Been there.....ask Alex :eeps:

Ummm, yeah.

I still question whether Brendon was in control of the massive tankslapping or whether it was just blind, dumb luck that prevented him from really messing up his car. Once the multiple high-speed zorro logo-like manuevers were done (through a Chicago box, no less), his initial breathless "What the fuck?????!!!!!" response prolly answered that question.

Alex

JST
03-10-2005, 12:13 PM

Alex

Shocks probably help. Not driving like an ass probably helps, too.

That particular incident I just was way too exuberant with the loud pedal coming out of a skidpad into what was essentially an S-curve into a straight line up through the curbs. Throwing on power too quickly while turning caused the back end to step out, and it was my fault that I over-corrected a bit and caused the fishtail. Not that big of a deal, because I caught it, but still eye-opening, especially since I was going quite fast and accelerating very hard.

TD
03-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Got the confirm emails. We're in.

BahnBaum
03-10-2005, 11:09 PM

:?

I don't think I got any confirming email. What did it say?

Alex

TD
03-11-2005, 06:31 AM

Alex

Subject: Autocross Registration Confirmation

Your registration has been delivered.

Make BMW
Model M3
Year 1998
Heat 1
Class PSS
Event 04/09/2005
Modifications
Tires
First_time_at_an_autocross?
NumberAutocrosses 4
Comments

Basically, a regurg of what was keyed into the online form.

BahnBaum
03-11-2005, 07:59 AM

Alex

Subject: Autocross Registration Confirmation

Your registration has been delivered.

Make BMW
Model M3
Year 1998
Heat 1
Class PSS
Event 04/09/2005
Modifications
Tires
First_time_at_an_autocross?
NumberAutocrosses 4
Comments

Basically, a regurg of what was keyed into the online form.

Oh, I got that at the time I entered the reg info. I thought you might be referring to something further.

Alex

Nick M3
03-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Hehe.

I signed up. We'll see if they kick me out.

bren
03-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Hehe.

Don't think for a minute that I haven't been planning on going and getting in some fun runs....especially if there is a skid pad. :)

TD
03-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Hehe.

Nice attitude.

Nick M3
03-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Hehe.

Nice attitude.

They've consistently refused me entry, so...

TD
03-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Hehe.

Nice attitude.

They've consistently refused me entry, so...

But, really, isn't that a bit juvenile?

Hell, *I* felt hesitant about signing up. And I've only done 4 autoxes in my life.

Nick M3
03-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Not when I put a note in stating that they should put newbies who really need it in ahead of me, but that I would really like the seat time if I can get it. :p

clyde
03-11-2005, 10:17 AM
No it's not. They have had caps on registration at around 40 students in the past and have always filled up. If you recall, I didn't make it into the 2002 NCC school. I went and watched, but didn't get to drive. The point of the school is to introduce newbies to autocrossing, not give seat time to those that knowwhat they're doing.

Mrs. TD is a perfect candidate for the school. Even if you are a little hesitant, the idea of someone like Nick taking a slot away from someone like you isn't a happy thought.

Nick M3
03-11-2005, 10:32 AM
No it's not. They have had caps on registration at around 40 students in the past and have always filled up. If you recall, I didn't make it into the 2002 NCC school. I went and watched, but didn't get to drive. The point of the school is to introduce newbies to autocrossing, not give seat time to those that knowwhat they're doing.

Mrs. TD is a perfect candidate for the school. Even if you are a little hesitant, the idea of someone like Nick taking a slot away from someone like you isn't a happy thought.

And should they fill up, the correct thing to do would be to punt my application. As I said in it. Is there a problem with that? :?

TD
04-06-2005, 12:01 PM
This should be entertaining...

My wife is still going to go even though the 323iC is toast. She's taking the Saab.

I'm debating letting her drive the M3 and just sitting the school out myself.

Thoughts?

zach
04-06-2005, 12:11 PM

My wife is still going to go even though the 323iC is toast. She's taking the Saab.

Thoughts?

Can you both just use the M3?

rumatt
04-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Are you sure you can't co-drive the M3???

JST
04-06-2005, 12:13 PM

Thoughts?

Let her drive the M3, and you drive the Saab.

bren
04-06-2005, 12:21 PM

Thoughts?

I think somewhere they said no car sharing, but it wouldn't hurt to ask one of the Eric's. I'm sure the Saab will be fine though.

BahnBaum
04-06-2005, 12:23 PM

Thoughts?

They told me ixnay on the aringshay arscay thing.

My son just backed out because of a school commitment (planned hangover?) so I'm going to spend the day doing much needed yard work.

Alex

TD
04-06-2005, 01:27 PM

Thoughts?

They explicitly say that you can't do that for the school. Of course we could do that for a regular autox (in different heats), but not for the school.

clyde
04-06-2005, 01:31 PM

Thoughts?

It should be doable, but I don't know how they're going to run it this year.

rumatt
04-06-2005, 01:37 PM
My vote would be to have her drive the Saab, and you drive the M3. Here's why:

1) It allows you both to get more experience in the cars you drive most often. If the Saab understeers like a pig, it's good for her to experience that so she's comfortable with it.

2) Since you said she'll be driving slowly, she won't be pushing it to the ultimate limits anyway, so any car would do.

3) It might allow you to bond more with your M3, convincing you to keep it longer. :) I always like my car most after an autox.

TD
04-06-2005, 01:42 PM

1) It allows you both to get more experience in the cars you drive most often. If the Saab understeers like a pig, it's good for her to experience that so she's comfortable with it.

2) Since you said she'll be driving slowly, she won't be pushing it to the ultimate limits anyway, so any car would do.

3) It might allow you to bond more with your M3, convincing you to keep it longer. :) I always like my car most after an autox.

But if she drives the M3 she'll have more fun and may be more inclined to autox again.

I know my M3 is fun.

The only argument I have in favor of driving the M3 myself is that I know I will push either car harder than she will. And the M3 is less likely to break.

zach
04-06-2005, 01:47 PM

But if she drives the M3 she'll have more fun and may be more inclined to autox again.

I know my M3 is fun.

The only argument I have in favor of driving the M3 myself is that I know I will push either car harder than she will. And the M3 is less likely to break.

Your M3 is an e36 and as such is subject to break at any time.

Remember the scene from the end of "The Blues Brothers" when the Bluesmobile breaks into a million pieces and they all fall to the ground? I half expect to find that each day I go to drive my car.

TD
04-06-2005, 01:50 PM

I know my M3 is fun.

Your M3 is an e36 and as such is subject to break at any time.

Remember the scene from the end of "The Blues Brothers" when the Bluesmobile breaks into a million pieces and they all fall to the ground? I half expect to find that each day I go to drive my car.

Honestly, I view my car as bulletproof at this point. Nothing has broken in a very long time. And I barely have any squeaks or rattles. It's solid (in spite of being a magnet for other cars).

JST
04-06-2005, 02:01 PM

I know my M3 is fun.

This is the key.

The difference in satisfaction derived from autocrossing an M3 v. a nose heavy, FWD, torque steering monster is almost impossible to overstate.

Thinking outside the box--What about the 528?

TD
04-06-2005, 02:07 PM

I know my M3 is fun.

This is the key.

The difference in satisfaction derived from autocrossing an M3 v. a nose heavy, FWD, torque steering monster is almost impossible to overstate.

I just can't see asking that.

JST
04-06-2005, 02:26 PM

I know my M3 is fun.

This is the key.

I just can't see asking that.

Asking? :eeps:

Seriously, I think that the best plan is for you to take the Saab; you already know the basics of car control at the limit, and you already know that autocrossing is fun. Autocrossing a nose heavy car can be a chore, but you can still learn a lot spending the day circling the course, even in a non-fun car; you can work on looking ahead no matter what car you are driving.

rumatt
04-06-2005, 02:56 PM
you already know that autocrossing is fun.

He does? Is that why he's done it 4 times in the last 5 years?

blee
04-06-2005, 03:02 PM

Life.

rumatt
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Life.

Yeah, I know... but if he REALLY enjoyed it...

TD
04-06-2005, 03:30 PM

Life.

Thank you.

Sometimes life even gets in the way of having fun.

blee
04-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Life.

I really enjoy autocrossing, too. Hell, I'm part of a club that organizes some of the region's autocrosses. Last season, I went to two or three events, of which one was not one put on by my club. The season before that, I went to a handful more.

I tell you, life got in the way. It wasn't a passive decision. I consciously chose not to go for my own reasons, which I deemed to be more important that autocrossing. Other people choose to put autocross higher on their priority list, but that doesn't make me less enthusastic about the sport.

clyde
04-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Seriously, I think that the best plan is for you to take the Saab; you already know the basics of car control at the limit, and you already know that autocrossing is fun. Autocrossing a nose heavy car can be a chore, but you can still learn a lot spending the day circling the course, even in a non-fun car; you can work on looking ahead no matter what car you are driving.

I think we have a winning suggestion. This JST fella is a pretty smart cookie.

clyde
04-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Life.

I really enjoy autocrossing, too. Hell, I'm part of a club that organizes some of the region's autocrosses. Last season, I went to two or three events, of which one was not one put on by my club. The season before that, I went to a handful more.

I tell you, life got in the way. It wasn't a passive decision. I consciously chose not to go for my own reasons, which I deemed to be more important that autocrossing. Other people choose to put autocross higher on their priority list, but that doesn't make me less enthusastic about the sport.

As with anything else, it's not one thing getting in the way of another. It's choosing that this, that or the other thing takes precedence over the others.

Saying, or more accurately, believing that "life" gets in the way of anything is a cop out, IMO. "Life" takes care of itself no matter what you do or don't do.

blee
04-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Life.

As with anything else, it's not one thing getting in the way of another. It's choosing that this, that or the other thing takes precedence over the others.

Saying, or more accurately, believing that "life" gets in the way of anything is a cop out, IMO. "Life" takes care of itself no matter what you do or don't do.

After saying that life "got in the way," I explained that I decided to put other things first. In other words, it wasn't a matter of just wanting to sleep in on Sundays/Saturdays. Don't get caught in the semantics put forth by my half-fried, all-crazy brain.

Roadstergal
04-06-2005, 03:56 PM
tankslapper

In a car??

It's odd that they won't let you share a car. IMO, a novice autoX school should be encouraging couples/fathers/sons/mothers/daughters to come out together.

JST
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
tankslapper

In a car??

It's odd that they won't let you share a car. IMO, a novice autoX school should be encouraging couples/fathers/sons/mothers/daughters to come out together.

?

When did I write that?

I assume that they don't want you to share a car because they don't want to have drivers swapping into and out of cars--there are a lot more runs done at the school than during an event, and you don't want to constrain things by having a driver who is carless because another driver is using the car at the same time. IIRC, there are parts of the day where the group is split in two, and one half is working on one thing while the other half is working on something else.

EDIT:

I see. This thread is older than dirt. I forgot about my earlier response.

"Tankslapper" is a lot shorter than "series of fishtails brought on by inelegant application of 300 + hp and inartful recovery technique."

TD
04-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Where's Nick?

I am eager to see pics of me tossing a big white wagon around the course.

clyde
04-10-2005, 11:06 PM
how did it go?

Jason C
04-10-2005, 11:09 PM
how did it go?

Pics?

Mrs. TD
04-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Where's Nick?

I am equally eager to not see pics of me tossing, I mean granny-ing, TD's M around the course. :)

I have to say that the day was a lot of fun.

But I really do have a lot to learn. I have been practicing my hand shuffling through turns!

rumatt
04-10-2005, 11:16 PM
granny-ing

Say it ain't so!!!!!!! :)

Did you enjoy it?

Did Mr TD enjoy autox'ing the Saab-marine?

clyde
04-10-2005, 11:31 PM
But I really do have a lot to learn. I have been practicing my hand shuffling through turns!

Look ahead. Everything else means little in comparison.

bren
04-11-2005, 09:06 AM
how did it go?
It went pretty well...all the students I spoke with really seemed to enjoy it and I'd say it was a success.

The morning was broken down into 3 segments including the skidpad and the course broken in half. Students got a bunch of skidpad time and 4 runs with an "instructor" through both of the course halves. In the afternoon they got 3 timed runs alone on the full course.

Plaz
04-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I have been practicing my hand shuffling through turns!

Interesting... at the BMWCCA track school I attended out in CA, the instructor kept scolding me for shuffle-steering... I've since largely broken the habit. Is it an accepted method in AutoX?

TD
04-11-2005, 09:48 AM
how did it go?

Pics?

Yeah, where are the pics?

:)

I really am curious as to what the Saab looked like out there.

Holy understeer Batman.

I look forward to the first actual BMW CCA autox when I'll be able to go out there in my M3.

Tonya plans to come out as well. Fortunately at a normal autox, we can both drive the same car (top and bottom of a heat or in different heats).

bren
04-11-2005, 09:55 AM

Interesting... at the BMWCCA track school I attended out in CA, the instructor kept scolding me for shuffle-steering... I've since largely broken the habit. Is it an accepted method in AutoX?
Steering method really seems to vary by instructor. At the BMW Performance Center they teach shuffle steering.

Plaz
04-11-2005, 10:02 AM

Steering method really seems to vary by instructor. At the BMW Performance Center they teach shuffle steering.

Oh, well that's kind of frustrating. The guy could have mentioned it was just his opinion.

I guess it's good that I can go either way with it now comfortably.

bren
04-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Where's Nick?

Looks like you're going a bit wide. Nothing like FWD on a skidpad :P

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/gallery/data/508/medium/DSC026041.jpg

bren
04-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Look at those drift skilLZzzZ

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/gallery/data/508/medium/DSC026051.jpg

bren
04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
"Where'd that skid pad go?"

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/gallery/data/508/medium/DSC02607.jpg

bren
04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
e-brake anyone?

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/gallery/data/508/medium/DSC026011.jpg

TD
04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Excellent...

As I ran the skid pad right before my wife, I never saw her out there. I had no idea she was hanging the tail out. On the skidpad, the Saab was definitely the King of Plow. There was just no way to get the tail out without a yank on the handbrake (which Nick was more than happy to provide).

Any pics of the autox itself?

bren
04-11-2005, 10:58 AM
gallery here: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=508

Nick has some pics of you guys on his camera.

bren
04-11-2005, 11:01 AM
hangin' the tail:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/gallery/data/508/medium/DSC02606.jpg

JST
04-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Where's Nick?

Wow, they had sprinklers? That's a bit more high-tech than my experience with the NCC school at Rosecroft.

rumatt
04-11-2005, 11:15 AM
On the skidpad, the Saab was definitely the King of Plow.

I can imagine. At the NY event yesterday someone was driving an Audi A8L. :? Talk about plow. Those front tires were squeeling all day like a tortured pig.

There was also an E46 M3 competing on Dunlop M3 snow tires, "because he hadn't gotten around to changing them yet". :shock: WTF?

Plaz
04-11-2005, 11:17 AM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007IT5S.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

TD
04-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Where's Nick?

Wow, they had sprinklers? That's a bit more high-tech than my experience with the NCC school at Rosecroft.

And an actual skidpad.

That pic is of a different piece of asphalt than what we did the autox on. And the autox lot was perfectly smooth, in excellent condition, and even had lighting and perimeter drainage.

Too bad there is ZERO chance of holding a regular event there.

JST
04-11-2005, 11:41 AM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007IT5S.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Senor Plow no es macho, solamente un barracho...

FC
04-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Senor Plow no es macho, solamente un barracho...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TD
04-11-2005, 02:20 PM

I can imagine. At the NY event yesterday someone was driving an Audi A8L. :? Talk about plow. Those front tires were squeeling all day like a tortured pig.

There was also an E46 M3 competing on Dunlop M3 snow tires, "because he hadn't gotten around to changing them yet". :shock: WTF?

Um, the A8 is AWD. The Saab is very FWD. I'm willing to bet the Saab understeers worse than that Audi.

And my tires were screaming murder.

rumatt
04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Um, the A8 is AWD. The Saab is very FWD. I'm willing to bet the Saab understeers worse than that Audi.

Yeah, maybe. But I was thinking that the A8L is longer and heavier. It certainly wasn't pretty.

TD
04-11-2005, 02:29 PM

Yeah, maybe. But I was thinking that the A8L is longer and heavier. It certainly wasn't pretty.

I have no idea how un-pretty the Saab was as Nick hasn't posted his pics yet.

I heard one comment about the wagon end wagging about through the slalom and I know the tires were screaming LOUD, but I really have no idea how tortured it looked going through the motions.

BahnBaum
04-11-2005, 02:31 PM
It certainly wasn't pretty.

Speaking of not pretty:

http://AlexTBaum.smugmug.com/photos/19383896-M.jpg

Alex

TD
04-11-2005, 02:34 PM

Speaking of not pretty:

Alex

Does that guy with the burgundy Impala SS still come out to the BMWCCA autoxes?

JST
04-11-2005, 02:45 PM

Speaking of not pretty:

Alex

Ah!

Interesting.

The significance of that particular car (an early 80s LTD) is that it shares the same basic underpinnings as the Fox Mustang, meaning all of the Mustang bits (both OEM and aftermarket) would be usable, with more or less modification.

I can tell he's running the 10 hole LX 5.0 wheels, and that car is cornering a LOT flatter than I would expect any LTD to corner. Any idea what s/he had done to the car? (EDIT: Maybe those aren't the 10 hole wheels, now that I look closer, but they are certainly more aggressive than the 14 inchers that came stock.)

Building an LTD Cobra has always been something that appealed to me.

TD
04-11-2005, 02:47 PM
This thread *really* needs to get split.

clyde
04-11-2005, 02:51 PM

Speaking of not pretty:

Alex

Ah!

Interesting.

The significance of that particular car (an early 80s LTD) is that it shares the same basic underpinnings as the Fox Mustang, meaning all of the Mustang bits (both OEM and aftermarket) would be usable, with more or less modification.

I can tell he's running the 10 hole LX 5.0 wheels, and that car is cornering a LOT flatter than I would expect any LTD to corner. Any idea what s/he had done to the car? (EDIT: Maybe those aren't the 10 hole wheels, now that I look closer, but they are certainly more aggressive than the 14 inchers that came stock.)

I thought the same thing about the wheels at first and then also started second guessing. Just to be me, I must point out that those wheels were first available in 1985 on the GT.

JST
04-11-2005, 02:56 PM

Speaking of not pretty:

Alex

Ah!

Interesting.

I thought the same thing about the wheels at first and then also started second guessing. Just to be me, I must point out that those wheels were first available in 1985 on the GT.

They might be the 16" wheels that came on the T-Bird Turbo Coupe starting in 1987, but those were five lug wheels, which would mean a hub conversion, which would probably mean four wheel discs.

FWIW, I saw a very well-preserved silver 1986(?)* Mustang SVO behind me on the way in to work today.

*with the flush, rather than inset, headlamps--I think that was 86.

bren
04-11-2005, 03:02 PM
FWIW, I saw a very well-preserved silver 1986(?)* Mustang SVO behind me on the way in to work today.

There was one of those at the autox also.

rumatt
04-11-2005, 03:15 PM

You should PM an admin.

BahnBaum
04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
The car seen at Ripken that would have been elected Least Likely to Autocross may have been one of these:

http://www.billwright.com/images/echobig.jpg

Alex

JST
04-11-2005, 03:53 PM
The car seen at Ripken that would have been elected Least Likely to Autocross may have been one of these:

http://www.billwright.com/images/echobig.jpg

Alex

FTD?

TD
04-11-2005, 03:54 PM

You should PM an admin.

We have admins here?

TD
04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I guess I'm never going to get to see Nick's pics from Saturday. :dump:

clyde
04-13-2005, 09:49 AM
When it comes to pics out of Nick's camera, patience isn't an option...

Nick M3
04-13-2005, 09:50 AM

I'll pull them tonight. :p Remind me when I'm actually home you fuckers.

BahnBaum
04-13-2005, 10:43 AM

I'm still waiting for a parking lot pic he took on the way to NAIAS.

Alex

TD
04-13-2005, 05:17 PM

I'll pull them tonight. :p Remind me when I'm actually home you fuckers.

Hey Nick! You home yet?

TD
04-13-2005, 08:30 PM
First he calls us fuckers...

rumatt
04-13-2005, 08:35 PM
He's reading the manual. Connect USB cable where??

BahnBaum
04-13-2005, 08:44 PM
He's reading the manual. Connect USB cable where?? :lol:

Alex

blee
04-13-2005, 11:49 PM
So, where are those pics?

(in case TD got sick of asking)

bren
05-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Don't know what happened with the pics but the results were finally posted.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?results

TD
05-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Don't know what happened with the pics but the results were finally posted.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?results

GO SAAB WAGON!!

:lol:

BTW, this PAX stuff is f*cked up. Why should a f*cking STATION WAGON get a 1.0? Hell, it should get a bump greater than that the non-M E30s get. With a fair PAX factor, the wagon would have ranked pretty damn high.

TD
05-20-2005, 09:33 AM
And I see that the battle of the wives was very close.

bren
05-20-2005, 09:44 AM
And I see that the battle of the wives was very close.
Yeah, looks like with a couple more runs things might have really heated up.

PAX is a joke. Besides, this particular scale is geared towards BMW's...it is a BMW club after all :P

rumatt
05-20-2005, 10:47 AM
I thought pax was based on your SCCA class. No?

If you car was prepped poorly for that class, you'll be at a pax disadvantage.

bren
05-20-2005, 11:38 AM
I thought pax was based on your SCCA class. No?

If you car was prepped poorly for that class, you'll be at a pax disadvantage.
The NCC CCA guys made up a new PAX for the BMW club.

clyde
05-20-2005, 11:42 AM
and the PAX for non BMWs in our chapter is 1.0

BahnBaum
05-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Without pictures to substantiate it, I believe you guys are making up this whole event.

Alex

bren
05-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Some of our BMW's even PAX at 1.0

TD
05-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Some of our BMW's even PAX at 1.0

I think we'd all agree that having an E46 M3 have the same PAX factor as a station wagon is a bit unfair.

Granted, as bren pointed out, it is a BMW club.

And in this particular case, it was a school so it's not like the results matter one iota.

clyde
05-20-2005, 12:24 PM
pax never matters one iota

rumatt
05-20-2005, 01:14 PM
pax never matters one iota

If you don't take it seriously, PAX is fun.