PDA

View Full Version : A few items for sale as I part-out my e46

ZBB
03-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Now that I traded the 325Ci on a 530i, I no longer need the following. I'll be putting them up on ebay soon, but wanted to give the 'mudgeons a chance to make an offer first.

- M3 Steering Wheel for e46 - black leather with black stitching. Airbag not included -- so you must already have the round airbag that comes in the sport steering wheel. I paid ~$310 on the BF group buy. Usually cost ~$350 or more (I believe list was ~$425).

- UGDO - fits e46 and e39, probably other models as well -- fits in the overhead area near sunroof switch. These sold for ~$160-175 from a dealer.

- Blitzsafe aux-in adapter for CD Changer plugs in trunk (without CD Changer passthrough). Has L/R RCA jacks -- I used it to listen to XM and iPod in the car. I paid $110 for it.

- [edit] Euro Center console sliding tray - Sand color. This replaces the cupholders and gives a sliding cubby hole. Perfect spot for an XM Roady. Cost ~$33 new, and is in perfect shape. I'll throw in my custom power adapter that fits in the cell phone pre-wire, with a cigarette lighter socket on the other end -- I kept the Roady power plug in there underneath the center console).

PM me with offer if interested.

rumatt
03-03-2005, 06:03 PM
- Blitzsafe aux-in adapter for CD Changer plugs in trunk (without CD Changer passthrough). Has L/R RCA jacks -- I used it to listen to XM and iPod in the car. I paid $110 for it.

Hmm, how's that work? Connects in the trunk? Where do you put the ipod?

dan
03-03-2005, 06:05 PM
- UGDO - fits e46 and e39, probably other models as well -- fits in the overhead area near sunroof switch. These sold for ~$160-175 from a dealer

hmmm..i may want that. i'll PM you in the next day or so if it's not sold yet

ZBB
03-03-2005, 06:40 PM

Hmm, how's that work? Connects in the trunk? Where do you put the ipod?

Yes -- it goes in the trunk. I ran a long (6') RCA to Headphone cord (from Radio shack) from the trunk to the center console (getting it under the carpet on the driveshaft tunnel was a pain). For a while, I just had the headphone jack stick out from under the arm rest (pushing the slack into the space under the console). When I got XM, I bought the Euro-center tray with a sliding cover and kept the XM in there -- an iPod also fits, but you lose the cupholders. Which reminds me, I forgot to list the center tray...

It works pretty well and was the best solution at the time (there are now some adapters out that allow you to use the steering wheel buttons to change song, etc, but they cost a bit more).

rumatt
03-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks. I'll think about it. It's pretty unlikely that I'd take it, so if you find another buyer feel free to sell.

Mathew
03-03-2005, 09:18 PM
If your center console was black, I would get it.

ZBB
03-04-2005, 01:51 PM
If your center console was black, I would get it.

I think sand would go well in a black interior -- give you a two-tone look :lol:

TD
03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
You got an E39, right?

All of these items will work on your E39. Why not use them?

ZBB
03-04-2005, 02:30 PM
You got an E39, right?

All of these items will work on your E39. Why not use them?

Some of them are duplicates -- my E39 has the sport and premium packages, which came with the M Sport wheel and UGDO in '03.

I ordered XM Direct for the E39, which integrates fully into the stereo using the Sirius pre-wire, which my '01 E46 didn't have. I already sold my XM Roady to a guy I work with (which is why I didn't list it). So I'd don't really need the Blitzsafe anymore.

For the iPod, I may just use iTrip, or get the BMW Aux-in (which would be a cleaner install). I'd like to get the ice>Link for it, but they can't confirm that it works with XM Direct. Plus for $200, I can't justify it just for the occasional use it would get.

The sliding console is the only thing that won't work on the E39...

ZBB
03-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Update - the M3 Wheel has been sold.

Bono - still interested in the UGDO?

dan
03-04-2005, 07:14 PM
yeah I think so. give me a few hours and I'll make an offer

gotta go eat

ZBB
03-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Update - the UGDO is sold...

Also -- can't believe I forgot about posting that I also have a Bentley Manual for e46. Only for '99-'01 on the cover, but probably mostly accurate for newer cars. Anyone interested?