PDA

View Full Version : I miss my car. ;(

SARAFIL
10-23-2003, 09:26 PM
So I've been without my 318 for a few days now, and I've been driving the 325 exclusively. Damn, I miss the 318. Sure, the 325 is faster, gives a better ride, looks nicer, and has a whole bunch of other things going for it, but I still miss the 318.

I can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when I can go pick it up.

Nick M3
10-23-2003, 09:28 PM
So you'll admit that there's a certain something about the E36 now? ;)

SARAFIL
10-24-2003, 08:27 AM

Yeah, I like rooting for the underdog. :P

I seriously think the E46 is the better car-- it's faster, handles better, and overall accomocations are far superior. However, I do miss the moneybucket. It's a love-hate relationship.

Nick M3
10-24-2003, 09:57 AM

Yeah, I like rooting for the underdog. :P

I seriously think the E46 is the better car-- it's faster, handles better, and overall accomocations are far superior. However, I do miss the moneybucket. It's a love-hate relationship.

We all know the E46 is faster and handles better than the E36. Just as the E36 is faster and handles better than the E30. Doesn't have much to do with how much fun they are. ;)

SARAFIL
10-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Doesn't have much to do with how much fun they are. ;)

We'll see if I am still missing it after a few weeks of putting up with all those damned squeaks, rattles, and other gremlins that attack older BMWs. Not to mention the fact that I have grown used to heated seats this week, and I am not going to be that happy the next time it gets really cold in the morning.

In other words, I miss it because I don't have it. Once I get it back, I'll probably wish I could get rid of it again. And hence, the love-hate relationship-- can't live with it, can't live without it.

SARAFIL
10-24-2003, 11:36 AM
can't live with it, can't live without it.

Also, once I get it back, I have to begin a never-ending process of repairs, updates and upgrades that'll end up leaving me broke again. Needs tires, needs headlights that actually illuminate the road ahead, needs to be serviced, need to turn off that damned check engine light once and for all, etc.

Oh, and I need to find a way to get some more power out of that anemic 4 cyl. That's the one that is really gonna make me broke.

lemming
10-24-2003, 11:54 AM
three words for you:

Downing Atlanta Supercharger.

:thumbup:

SARAFIL
10-24-2003, 03:45 PM
She's back.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/3632car_001.jpg?888

I feel much better.

Nick M3
10-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Hate her, yet?

SARAFIL
10-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Hate her, yet?

Yes, now that you mention it. Those brake pads have never made so much noise before. Argh. :mad:

That's alright, though. It wouldn't be "The Moneybucket" if it didn't force me to spend insane amounts of money keeping it running.

lemming
10-24-2003, 04:50 PM
bmw's are relatively reliable.

what sort of costs are you talking about? just the once through costs like brakes, clutch, exhaust or out of warranty items?

SARAFIL
10-24-2003, 07:33 PM
bmw's are relatively reliable.

what sort of costs are you talking about? just the once through costs like brakes, clutch, exhaust or out of warranty items?

Mostly out of warranty once-through costs that look like their all going to start showing up around the same time. :(