PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this Mustang?

SARAFIL
01-18-2005, 10:30 PM
I saw a couple of 2005 Saleen Mustangs on ebay that looked surprisingly aggressive. I like the overall look of the new Mustang, and I really like some of the things they did on the Saleen car.

What do you guys think about it?

Follow the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4520760070&indexURL=0& photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

zach
01-18-2005, 10:34 PM
If you buy that car, I'll eat my shorts with ketchup.

But seriously, I think it's pretty cool.

SARAFIL
01-18-2005, 10:37 PM
If you buy that car, I'll eat my shorts with ketchup.

But seriously, I think it's pretty cool.

:twisted:

I said it looked kind of cool.

I said nothing about buying one... :mad:

Although I'm sure I would surprise alot of people if I pulled up in that one...

JST
01-19-2005, 12:02 AM
I saw a couple of 2005 Saleen Mustangs on ebay that looked surprisingly aggressive. I like the overall look of the new Mustang, and I really like some of the things they did on the Saleen car.

Follow the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4520760070&indexURL=0& photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Saw the Saleens at NAIAS. They look very good, other than the giant Saleen banner which could quickly be removed.

The one problem with that car is that those wheels are 20s. I don't want to have to buy 20" tires.

ff
01-19-2005, 08:55 AM
I love everything forward of the rear wheels on the new Mustang. There's something wrong with the back end, though. Like there's too much sheet metal and paint. Not enough trim, or something. There's just something not right.

bren
01-19-2005, 09:17 AM
I don't care for that plastic trim between the tail-lights.

ARCHER
01-19-2005, 09:50 AM
I love everything forward of the rear wheels on the new Mustang. There's something wrong with the back end, though. Like there's too much sheet metal and paint. Not enough trim, or something. There's just something not right.

I agree.

On the Saleen, the tail treatment (especially the 3/4 angle) reminds me very much of a 'Cuda.

lemming
01-19-2005, 09:58 AM

Follow the link.

Saw the Saleens at NAIAS. They look very good, other than the giant Saleen banner which could quickly be removed.

The one problem with that car is that those wheels are 20s. I don't want to have to buy 20" tires.

i'm projecting that there will be a mustang SVT in your future soon. whenever that m3 lease runs out.

blee
01-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Saleens haven't done much for me in the past. I've tended to like the Roush cars better, although their Stage 1 kit was mostly a body kit with a kick-ass side exist exhaust. This new one, though, isn't too bad.

clyde
01-19-2005, 10:23 AM

Follow the link.

i'm projecting that there will be a mustang SVT in your future soon. whenever that m3 lease runs out.

There will not be an SVT Mustang in production when his M3 lease runs out...hence, his problems.

lemming
01-19-2005, 10:31 AM

Follow the link.

There will not be an SVT Mustang in production when his M3 lease runs out...hence, his problems.

oh.

how about a stopgap used car that has already reached a depreciation plateau that you could turn around and sell at no loss?

plenty of fun cars fit this bill plus one would know it's a highly temporary situation. 964s, 993s, 996s (who are we kidding, these will depreciate forever....), a c5 (okay, these are still falling), a cobra type R. i have not leased from BMW FS in quite awhile --they don't extend leases at all?

clyde
01-19-2005, 10:41 AM

oh.

how about a stopgap used car that has already reached a depreciation plateau that you could turn around and sell at no loss?

plenty of fun cars fit this bill plus one would know it's a highly temporary situation. 964s, 993s, 996s (who are we kidding, these will depreciate forever....), a c5 (okay, these are still falling), a cobra type R. i have not leased from BMW FS in quite awhile --they don't extend leases at all?

I was thinking Viper, myself.

lemming
01-19-2005, 11:49 AM

oh.

we're on the same wavelength, though.

;)

just a stopgap fun car.

Rob
01-19-2005, 12:23 PM

Follow the link.

oh.

'04 CTS-V. Probably still depreciating, but the biggest hit is gone.

JST
01-19-2005, 12:30 PM

oh.

we're on the same wavelength, though.

;)

just a stopgap fun car.

There's a 6 speed C4 for sale around the corner for $11K. No idea about mileage or condition.