PDA

View Full Version : A feeler

equ
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Not officially for sale, but yes, I am thinking about it. After over 3.5 years, may be time to let go of the croc.

Atlas gray/black leather, 24.3k miles, bose/heated seats.
Only one mod: HID's.

No track or accidents. Not even an auto-x (I know I'm lame, sadly auto-x'ed my zhp but didn't have time these last few years).

Only story ever is that driver's side window was broken and my detector/jacket/gps were stolen.

4 oil changes. New rear tires at around 18k miles.

I deem to be worth in the low to mid-30's.

JST
06-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Not officially for sale, but yes, I am thinking about it. After over 3.5 years, may be time to let go of the croc.

Atlas gray/black leather, 24.3k miles, bose/heated seats.
Only one mod: HID's.

No track or accidents. Not even an auto-x (I know I'm lame, sadly auto-x'ed my zhp but didn't have time these last few years).

Only story ever is that driver's side window was broken and my detector/jacket/gps were stolen.

4 oil changes. New rear tires at around 18k miles.

I deem to be worth in the low to mid-30's.

That seems like a very solid price based on the asking prices I've seen for these cars, though of course I have no idea what the transaction prices actually were.

Good luck--I'd be intrigued if I didn't already have a mid engined Nazi slot car of my own.

rumatt
06-11-2010, 10:48 AM
:eek::eek:

Plaz
06-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I'd be very tempted if I didn't have an 8 year-old who so presumptuously wants somewhere to sit *in* the car.

zach
06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
:eek::eek:

I'll drive it for you until you can drive a stick again. You can borrow my truck.

rumatt
06-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Equ...

If, hypothetically, a guy showed up for a test drive with his right arm in a slight, would you let him take the car out?

:D

equ
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I haven't made my mind up fully yet. I'd be very sad if it went and I ended up without a suitable replacement. Mentally go through the pros vs. cons of selling it weekly.

Just now, with clouds darkening the sky, the atlas gray looked so good, I wanted to come back and delete the post (if not the whole thread). And now it's too late.

kognito
06-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Equ...

If, hypothetically, a guy showed up for a test drive with his right arm in a slight, would you let him take the car out?

:D

Just a sling?? bummer

I broke my right wrist in 84, and when my doctor put the cast on, I convinced him to put the lid from a spray can upside down into the bottom of the cast. I then removed the shift knob and used the lid in the cast to move the shift lever.

Plaz
06-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Just a sling?? bummer

I broke my right wrist in 84, and when my doctor put the cast on, I convinced him to put the lid from a spray can upside down into the bottom of the cast. I then removed the shift knob and used the lid in the cast to move the shift lever.

That's awesome! Great planning! :lol:

rumatt
06-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Equ,

What's your logic for wanting to get rid of it? You seem to love that car.

equ
06-14-2010, 09:25 AM
The upgrade bug/itch is here (in the form of an 987.2). I do love the car. Nearly four years is a recent-day record for me. In less than a year, it will be the car I've owned for the longest time (and that includes my pre-enthusiast, pre-automotive-ADHD days).

No need to show up in a sling. I won't do anything rash, still mulling this over. I would miss Atlas, it still looks close to new and gets compliments (on average one a day). And really, for my increasingly occasional driving, it is all the porsche I need.

I probably should have posted in perseveration rather than in the mart.

equ
10-07-2011, 07:44 PM
:eeps:

Bump. It's now at a full five years and 33k miles. Needs a new set of tires and some a service at 36k miles (oil, air/cabin filters).

I doubt it makes sense for anyone here but pm me in case you're interested. I wanted to give 'mudgeons a shot at it.

ff
10-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Very tempting. I'm not really that interested in getting rid of the Honda, though. :(

Sorry, that doesn't help you much.

equ
10-14-2011, 05:51 AM
:cry: :(

It's gone, and now that it's gone, very much missed.

JST
10-14-2011, 06:29 AM
So what's the replacement?

Plaz
10-14-2011, 06:40 AM
:(

wdc330i
10-14-2011, 08:11 AM
So what's the replacement?

1M?