PDA

View Full Version : Discounts at Griots?

The HACK
10-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey, do we get any special discounts at Griots garage? Any promotional code you can share 'Nut?

GimpyMcFarlan
10-26-2003, 07:01 PM
:? Anyone?

Doug
10-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Sorry, I missed this one. At this time there is no agreement for a discount. Griots is a huge supporter of the local club and donates a lot of items but doesn't give discounts. As they explain it they feel if they gave a discount to one group they would feel obligated to do it for all.

Additionally, at this time, we are pretty small, hopefully when we grow we can negotiate something.

Sorry guys,
D.

SpaceMonk
10-27-2003, 11:33 AM
:cry:

ayn
10-27-2003, 12:24 PM
free shipping would be nice... shipping is usually so darn expensive... would be nice if I could place smaller orders instead of waiting to place a HUGE one once a year... like now I wouldnt mind some MF towels...

--Andrew

Masskrug
10-27-2003, 01:38 PM
free shipping would be nice... shipping is usually so darn expensive... would be nice if I could place smaller orders instead of waiting to place a HUGE one once a year... like now I wouldnt mind some MF towels...

--Andrew

What he said.

The HACK
10-27-2003, 02:28 PM
Dun't matter...I need more interior cleaner, more car wash solution, and one of their synthetic weave chamois very soon, so I'll probably just place the order sometime this week.

Thanks for checking 'nut.

RKT BMR
10-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Doug -- how about group buy discounts? Can you float that proposition with them?

For example, a GB on MF towels could probably put together a sizable quantity from the board. Especially if we can coordinate it with some other event that many (most?) of us will be attending, facilitating a bulk drop point.

Just a thought...

Doug
10-28-2003, 12:18 PM
They may be open to that..I'll see

The HACK
10-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Doug -- how about group buy discounts? Can you float that proposition with them?

For example, a GB on MF towels could probably put together a sizable quantity from the board. Especially if we can coordinate it with some other event that many (most?) of us will be attending, facilitating a bulk drop point.

Just a thought...

Or setup as a vendor and pass the savings alone to us, with you taking a small percentage to keep paying the server bills? Since this is a small community and membership is screened, there shouldn't be any problem with word getting back to Griots and their vendors about US getting better pricing.

Doug
10-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Actually HACK...you're closer than ya may know on that point. :cool:

operknockity
10-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Or setup as a vendor and pass the savings alone to us, with you taking a small percentage to keep paying the server bills?
'Nut could do that with just the current contents of detailing supply cabinet :lol:

The HACK
10-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Man, I'd even pay full Griots retail price and BUY the supplies from you, 'Nut, just to support this board.

C'mon, find out from the Griots guys and see if you can become a vendor. I need to buy more interior cleaner, more car wash, and a whole bunch of other stuff soon.

Masskrug
10-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Man, I'd even pay full Griots retail price and BUY the supplies from you, 'Nut, just to support this board.

C'mon, find out from the Griots guys and see if you can become a vendor. I need to buy more interior cleaner, more car wash, and a whole bunch of other stuff soon.

Second the motion.

SpaceMonk
10-30-2003, 02:19 PM

Second the motion.
Thirded. :paranoid: :D

operknockity
10-30-2003, 04:26 PM

Second the motion.
Thirded. :paranoid: :D
Quadrupled :thumbup:

Doug
10-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Actually I'm hoping to work the site into an internet business (maybe HACK can hook me up with some of his connections) If I can get that to be successful I'm hoping to open a brick and morter store here in Seattle, we have very few places to get performance parts for BMWs here (most is internet or mail order) and the places that do sell stuff don't have it in stock AND mark up massively.

I haven't started looking into the business end yet...I guess I can drop the Griots gang a note though. I'll keep ya informed.

Doug
10-30-2003, 10:31 PM
'Nut could do that with just the current contents of detailing supply cabinet :lol:

You're right...I've got gallons of everything around here. :eek:

operknockity
11-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Any updates??? I'd like to do it in a way that would help the board, but if its gonna take too much longer..... I wanted to place an order in the next week or so as my car is in desperate need of claying/polishing/waxing, leather treatment, and general interior cleaning.

Doug
11-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Talked to Griots, they are working on a wholsale plan now but it's not ready. I'll be one of the first to get on board when they have it finalized.

Masskrug
11-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Talked to Griots, they are working on a wholsale plan now but it's not ready. I'll be one of the first to get on board when they have it finalized.

Woohoo!

You go 'Nut!

operknockity
11-13-2003, 01:58 AM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mathew
11-13-2003, 08:30 AM
Great!

I am running low on supplies as we speak...

The HACK
11-13-2003, 11:50 AM

Damn it 'Nut, I just bought my winter supplies from Griots. :mad:

Get your butt in gear!

Doug
11-14-2003, 04:33 PM
It'll probably be first quarter next year at earliest

The HACK
11-14-2003, 07:06 PM
It'll probably be first quarter next year at earliest

Cool, by that time I'm going to need more BOS wax and maybe more MP3.

By the way, I'm only replying to this so that all the main forums would have my name on it as the last poster. :D

RKT BMR
11-16-2003, 10:26 AM
By the way, I'm only replying to this so that all the main forums would have my name on it as the last poster. :D
Hmmmm.... :P