PDA

View Full Version : Had a talk with the Wife this evening.......

lip277
11-26-2004, 10:50 PM
In the mode of "putting your money where your mouth is"......

We just may keep the Mercedes to use as a 'commuter-mobile'.
It's a 1987 420SEL. 192,000 miles.

It's safe and built like a tank (safer than 99% of the rest of them anyway)
It's paid for...
It's in decent shape but not that 'perfect' that I'd want to park it out in the booneys at the mall. It's the kind of car I'll leave at the airport for example.
I can do most of the work on it myself.....

And the main thing......

Patty likes driving it.
Let me rephrase..... She REALLY likes driving it. She doesn't like the Yukon (too big for her) and about the 740....
She doesn't really get all that excited about the 740i. I think she's afraid of it being too much a 'race car' and getting tickets - so am I but what the hey.....

(I just gotta figure out the insurance on it w/o collision and some of the other 'elective' stuff. I'll keep full liability and the rest in that light.)

Now I just gotta figure out where we'll put it.

As it is right now, we don't have room for the 'extra' car in a garage or under cover. Gotta finish unpacking to free up that third stall in the house garage... We can fit two cars in there but should be able to squeze three..... hopefully.....

But..... Gotta get that insurance info to see how worth while it will be for us.

And ....
NO.
I'm not wanting to count how many cars I have right now.
Yes - It's a disease.......

FC
11-27-2004, 09:46 AM
I like SEL's. They are built like tanks. Classic MB good looks.

rumatt
11-28-2004, 01:54 AM
And ....
NO.

Too bad. Please count and provide a brief summary. It's important that we be kept fully up to date. :D

lip277
11-28-2004, 02:24 AM
And ....
NO.

Too bad. Please count and provide a brief summary. It's important that we be kept fully up to date. :D

Uh.......

420SEL
740i
Mustang
Yukon
SeaRay (OK - It's a boat..... but it's got a V8) :D

And for good measure....
The Honda riding mower (OK - It's not a car but it does have 4 wheels....) :lol:

I could tally all the 'cylinders' of all I have (cars, boats, mowers, equipment......)

OK - Why not.....

8 - 420SEL
4 - 2002
8 - 740i
8 - Mustang
8 - Yukon
8 - SeaRay (Chevy 305)
2 - Honda Mower (14 hp)
1 - Pressure Washer (Honda 13hp)
1 - JD Mower (Kawasaki 5.5hp)
1 - Chainsaw (2 cycle)
1 - Blower (2 cycle)
1 - Chipper/Shredder (?? 5 hp)
---------
51 cylinders moving up and down in perfect harmony...... :shock:

Yeah, right.....
The Mustang isn't going anywhere (it needs a TON of work)
The SeaRay is a 'refugee' from my family in CA. It hasn't seen water in 3 or 4 years. When my Dad passed away my Mom figured I would be the only one to want to use it (sure I want to, I just need the time.....) oh - I don't even know if it runs..... or at least runs well.....

PS - If Patty sees this, I'm dead meat....... She obvioulsy knows about it all. I just don't think she thinks about it all 'totaled' up so tp speak.

Like I said - It's a disease..... I'm a carrier and very contagious. :twisted:

Autarch
11-28-2004, 08:19 AM
I have always love 80's MB's. They have very classy lines and quite liveable interiors.

Depending on the engine some of them are basically immortal (Especially the diesels!) so you still see quite a few of them on the road today.

rumatt
11-28-2004, 10:38 AM
2 - Honda Mower (14 hp)
1 - Pressure Washer (Honda 13hp)
1 - JD Mower (Kawasaki 5.5hp)
1 - Chainsaw (2 cycle)
1 - Blower (2 cycle)
1 - Chipper/Shredder (?? 5 hp)

:smile: