PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have UUC Sways for sale? Doug?

rumatt
11-26-2004, 11:09 AM
I'm about ready to buy a set of UUC sways for my 330i, and I thought I'd check here to see if anyone is trying to unload any.

Doug, any in the EuroAutoSolutions inventory you're trying to get rid of? Anyone else trying to dump a pair?

If I can't buy from a sponsor here, I was thinking of doing a group buy at the fest, but I don't know if I feel like waiting several weeks to save $20. I'd rather install them now while it's still above freezing outside. :D

Doug
11-28-2004, 07:01 PM
What car?

rumatt
11-28-2004, 07:04 PM
E46 330i SP

Doug
11-28-2004, 07:06 PM
I've got 2 in stock. I can give you 20% off and I'll pay shipping.

rumatt
11-28-2004, 07:11 PM
I've got 2 in stock. I can give you 20% off and I'll pay shipping.

DEAL!

Assuming these are the new end links... but I guess they must be since they came out a long time ago.

You've got PM

Doug
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Any of you E46 guys interested in a set of Phosphyre halos? I've got one display set (brand new in box) sitting gathering dust.

Elwood
11-29-2004, 11:02 AM
check your PM re: sways

....and the arms race escalates

rumatt
11-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Any of you E46 guys interested in a set of Phosphyre halos? I've got one display set (brand new in box) sitting gathering dust.

:speechle:

One post on E46Fanatics and they'd probably sell in minutes. :dunno:

Doug
11-29-2004, 03:21 PM
I didn't want to carry them but Wheelpower kinda pushed a couple sets to me. I sold one at a car show and atill have the other. I'm not a evil eye fan myself

Doug
12-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Sorry for the delay, I was digging out from under the holiday and getting ready to go away on another business trip all next week.

Both sets were shiped UPS late yesterday (ground) arrival next Thru. I'll email out the tracking numbers tonight if not sooner

rumatt
12-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Both sets were shiped UPS late yesterday (ground) arrival next Thru. I'll email out the tracking numbers tonight if not sooner

Sounds good, thanks.

Plaz
12-02-2004, 12:54 PM
(certainly faster than Rob would have shipped them)

:paranoid:

:lol:

rumatt
12-02-2004, 12:59 PM
I need to be at work on Friday, but not Thursday.

Hmmm, I could take the existing sways off on Thursday morning, hope the UPS guy arrives, and see if I can get them installed before dark. :paranoid: Worst case, I commute on Friday with no sways. How bad could it be :eek:

clyde
12-02-2004, 01:04 PM
UPS? :shock:

Good luck! You'll need it! :cry:

Plaz
12-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Worst case, I commute on Friday with no sways. How bad could it be

:shock:

TD
12-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Ask Nick.

IIRC, he once autoxed his E46iT without sways installed.

Doug
12-02-2004, 01:41 PM

Ya, it's taking me 2+ weeks to get parts in stock shipped from UUC

operknockity
12-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Doug,

Sent you a PM...

Elwood
12-02-2004, 09:56 PM

I asked him about them last time I saw him and he says they're currently in stock.....but not for long!

rumatt
12-02-2004, 10:26 PM
I asked him about them last time I saw him and he says they're currently in stock.....but not for long!

I think Plaz's estimate was when they are IN stock.

rumatt
12-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Got the tracking number... thanks.

rumatt
12-08-2004, 06:43 PM
I took out my front sway tonight, in preparation for my UPS package to be delivered on time tomorrow. Despite all you non-believers, I have faith in UPS. :speechle:

The only step that was different from the DIY's was that the sway bar didnt' fall and hit me on the head like it was supposed to. The bushings were glued to the body with a pretty damn strong glue. It took me quite a while, but I finally ripped them off.

Rear sway will come out tomorrow morning. Just after I finish, the UPS truck will pull up and deliver the new sways. :devcool:

Elwood
12-08-2004, 07:05 PM
I took out my front sway tonight, in preparation for my UPS package to be delivered on time tomorrow. Despite all you non-believers, I have faith in UPS. :speechle:

The only step that was different from the DIY's was that the sway bar didnt' fall and hit me on the head like it was supposed to. The bushings were glued to the body with a pretty damn strong glue. It took me quite a while, but I finally ripped them off.

Rear sway will come out tomorrow morning. Just after I finish, the UPS truck will pull up and deliver the new sways. :devcool:

LOL!

what happens when you open the box and find 2 rear bars :P

rumatt
12-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Rear bar is out.

Is there any reason I shouldn't take it for a spin around the block with no sways, just for kicks?

Elwood
12-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Rear bar is out.

Is there any reason I shouldn't take it for a spin around the block with no sways, just for kicks?

Got mine! :D

I want a refund! The hard to get on bushing just pops on!!!

hehe jk

But I will tell Rob he's slacking off...no UUC sticker inside. tsk tsk

rumatt
12-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Got mine! :D

I want a refund! The hard to get on bushing just pops on!!!

hehe jk

Got mine too. The front bar was on by 2:00pm. :P

I'm tryng to figure out if I should be applying grease all over the rear end links???? Does anyone know exactly what should get greased, and what shouldn't????

Elwood
12-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Got mine too. The front bar was on by 2:00pm. :P

I'm tryng to figure out if I should be applying grease all over the rear end links???? Does anyone know exactly what should get greased, and what shouldn't????

Should just be the bearings since the end links are threads...and greasing them serves no purpose.

Might be getting mine on this weekend. Either micro brakefest or true DIY. We'll see.

rumatt
12-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Well, they're on, but the back was much worse than the front.

Almost everything went as planned, but the damn bracket did not want to go over the bushing far enough to get the bolt connected.
If I had a small clamp, it would have been simple.

That's when the temperature dropped 10 degrees and it started raining. :rant:

Finally I got it, and took it for a drive. It's hard to get a good impression on all-season tires in the pouring rain, but there's definitely less body roll, and less understeer. The tail kicks out much easier than before. (It's set to stiff front and rear).

Elwood
12-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Well, they're on, but the back was much worse than the front.

Almost everything went as planned, but the damn bracket did not want to go over the bushing far enough to get the bolt connected.

That's when the temperature dropped 10 degrees and it started raining. :rant:

Finally I got it, and took it for a drive. It's hard to get a good impression on all-season tires in the pouring rain, but there's definitely less body roll, and less understeer. The tail kicks out much easier than before. (It's set to stiff front and rear).

Nice. I plan to set it at full stiff front, full soft rear. Figure going into winter with understeer is a good thing.

rumatt
12-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Nice. I plan to set it at full stiff front, full soft rear. Figure going into winter with understeer is a good thing.

Yeah, I'm wondering if I should do the same...

Good luck with the rear bushings. I suggest having some kind of small clamp on hand. Even a pair of vice grips might work. I'm still traumatized from my solution (it involved, a pipe wrench and duct tape :shock: )

Elwood
12-12-2004, 04:46 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering if I should do the same...

Good luck with the rear bushings. I suggest having some kind of small clamp on hand. Even a pair of vice grips might work. I'm still traumatized from my solution (it involved, a pipe wrench and duct tape :shock: )

Problem with the rear bushings you say? Just use a big o'l C-clamp!!!!! heh that's what we ended up doing. Rob should really include a set of replacement bolts to make the install easier.....or include a C-clamp!

rumatt
12-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Problem with the rear bushings you say? Just use a big o'l C-clamp!!!!

:roll:

:twisted:

How do you like them?

Doug
12-12-2004, 06:14 PM
glad you're happy with them

Elwood
12-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Problem with the rear bushings you say? Just use a big o'l C-clamp!!!!

:roll:

:twisted:

How do you like them?

Ride home was mostly highway so only really checked out the off ramp. High speed turn-in is much improved and chasis lean cut more then half.

It's funny, overall it seems firmer but with no harshness. Feels a lot like the Z4 does...and I imagine the "ZHP" Will know more after a few more days of use. Current settings are full stiff front, Soft rear.

As for the install, lack of torque specs (for rear) and instructions suck. The specs we are given from UUC's site are out dated and for a e36. TIS shows higher values for both bracket and link. Fortunately MY330i site had these, but nothing for the rear. Think from start-finish (including test drive X2 and link adjustments) was 3-4 hours for 2 people.

Very happy with them so far. Thanks Doug!

rumatt
12-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Yep, thanks doug! :thumbup:

I don't have a torque wrench that will fit into those small spaces, so I just guessed completely by feel. :speechle: I'm thinking of buying a small torque wrench and fixing it up sometime soon. :dunno:

Current settings are full stiff front, Soft rear.

Girly man wuss. :twisted:

Elwood
12-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Yep, thanks doug! :thumbup:

I don't have a torque wrench that will fit into those small spaces, so I just guessed completely by feel. :speechle: I'm thinking of buying a small torque wrench and fixing it up sometime soon. :dunno:

Current settings are full stiff front, Soft rear.

Girly man wuss. :twisted:

I didn't need swaybars to control my understeering snow plow like some of us :twisted:

To apply torque to the front end link, we ran the wrench THROUGH the holes in the control arm!!! Sounded funny at first, but it worked! Benefit of brakefests => lots o' tools!

Doug
12-12-2004, 10:25 PM
I've got 2 UUC magnesium strutbarbarians for the E46....

Plaz
12-12-2004, 10:32 PM

Got any rear E46 strut braces you're blowing out at clearance prices? :D

zach
12-12-2004, 10:33 PM

Any e36 pieces you're anxious to part with? :cool:

Edit: Doug, you should make a new thread and list what you have left over. I'm sure lots of people will be interested.

TD
12-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah. Out of sheer curiousity, any E36 stuff left?

I'm guessing just Peake tools.

zach
12-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah. Out of sheer curiousity, any E36 stuff left?

I'm guessing just Peake tools.

I suppose I ought to pick one of those up. It's just so expensive for the limited use it brings. It's more of an appliance than anything.

rumatt
12-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Edit: Doug, you should make a new thread and list what you have left over. I'm sure lots of people will be interested.

Can an admin please block me from being able to see this list? :D My wife will whip me if I buy anything else right now!

(j/k, it's a good idea)

zach
12-12-2004, 10:40 PM

My wife will whip me

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

;) :lol:

Elwood
12-12-2004, 10:51 PM

Can an admin please block me from being able to see this list? :D My wife will whip me if I buy anything else right now!

(j/k, it's a good idea)

magnesium strut braces are insanely light and strong. The strutbar feels like your holding feather. You know you want one :poke: :eeps:

Doug
12-13-2004, 10:00 AM
I'll list everything. For the E36 I have 1 peake tool left, SSKs, 1 system U exhaust with DTM tips, and a LW flywheel. LOTS of Mini stuff!

TD
12-13-2004, 10:07 AM
I'll list everything. For the E36 I have 1 peake tool left, SSKs, 1 system U exhaust with DTM tips, and a LW flywheel. LOTS of Mini stuff!Which Peake tool? The fault code reader?

JST
12-13-2004, 10:14 AM
I'll list everything. For the E36 I have 1 peake tool left, SSKs, 1 system U exhaust with DTM tips, and a LW flywheel. LOTS of Mini stuff!Which Peake tool? The fault code reader?

TD, if you don't get a Peake tool, I should give you my home-made E36 Service Indicator reset tool (aka, piece of wire, prong and alligator clip).

zach
12-13-2004, 10:21 AM

TD, if you don't get a Peake tool, I should give you my home-made E36 Service Indicator reset tool (aka, piece of wire, prong and alligator clip).

I didn't know that worked for OBD2. I'd rather do that.

Is it this one? http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/topic11734.html

Doug
12-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Yes, the FCX II, I sold out of airbag reset tools (figures, I need one now)

JST
12-13-2004, 11:53 AM

I didn't know that worked for OBD2. I'd rather do that.

Is it this one? http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/topic11734.html

Yes, basically. I ordered the prong from BMW that fits into the connector, and either clamped or soldered it to a wire, the other end of which had an alligator clip--I was feeling industrious. Any wire would do. Ron Stygar had a DIY with the relevant part nos. and instructions on his site. Total cost was like $1.00.

clyde
12-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Total cost was like $1.00.

Including your time?

Masskrug
12-13-2004, 01:20 PM

Isn't magnesium pretty flammable stuff?

Doug
12-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Don't set your car on fire and you'll be fine

zach
12-13-2004, 02:05 PM

And if you DO set your car on fire, it'll be quite a show.

Elwood
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM

Yes but the ignition point is pretty high. Hold a match to it and the match will go out before it lights up.

ayn
12-13-2004, 03:10 PM
I'll list everything... LOTS of Mini stuff!

cool, please post MINI stuff! :)

Doug
12-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Tuned spring sets, sways, lightweight flywheels, Peake tools, shift knobs.

rumatt
12-23-2004, 05:42 PM
FYI, for anyone installing UUC sways. Elwood and I are both getting rubbing :roll: Adjusting them perfectly so they don't hit anything is a bit of a PITA.

Scroll down to the 10th post and start from there. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=217062