PDA

View Full Version : Z3, an SUV in disguise?

GSR13
10-21-2003, 01:00 AM
So today I am coming out of Home Depot and headed to the car when I look to the right, and what do I see? That's right, a proud Z3 owner loading 10 or so 2x4's into his Roadster. Now, each of these things is about 8' long and I give him total props for creativity, but I was pretty puzzled by this sight. The worst part was the immediate sensation to actually laugh out loud.

Naturally, he had the top down. One end of the lumbar was in the passenger seat floorboard and the pieces went between the headrests and rollbars sticking out of the car.

I quickly jumped in my car and grabbed my Camera Phone, only to find the guy had disappeared. :cry: I really wanted pics of this, but must have been only seconds to late.

Mathew
10-21-2003, 01:06 AM
I've done stuff like that before in two-seater converts.

:paranoid:

TD
10-21-2003, 09:40 AM
My wife sometimes refers to her E36 covnertible as her BMW pickup truck. Okay, that's usually only after she's done the same kind of thing. We always bring home large things in the convertible because there is infinite room.

I just think it's logical, not funny.

The HACK
10-21-2003, 11:53 AM
When I used to play hockey and only had my Z3 as my sole means of transportation, I used to just pile the sticks into the passenger side, and leave the top down as I drive to Santa Monica. Since nothing fits in the trunk, all the pads and skates go in a duffle bag and gets piled in the passenger seat.

The Z3, with the top down, can carry a lot of sh*t.

Roadstergal
10-21-2003, 12:55 PM
I've carried 4 wheels + tires in the Miata, large boxes, etc. The topdown aspect gives you a lot of leeway. I've also used it for unpaved road duty.

I have a pic somewhere of my friend's Z3 pickup... lemme see if I can find it...

ZBB
10-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Our Z3 made a great hauler... long tall things went in the passenger seat (if not too many of them, you could also get a person in there too). If playing golf, one set of clubs went in the trunk, the other behind the roll-hoops on top of the folded top -- they actually sat there very stable.

ah... the days...