PDA

View Full Version : HACKMobile back to 99% operational...

The HACK
10-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Finally swapped back in the BMW aerodynamic bumpers (I had taken them off to be repainted by the bodyshop, as well as using the OEM bumper for the track). The interior is still dirty after the spin, put the rear seat back in too.

I still need to have one small curb rash touched up on the RGRs, fix my steering pump leak, and track down that odd rubbing problem I'm having when making right turns. Otherwise, the car is running tip top shape again.

dredmo
10-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Finally swapped back in the BMW aerodynamic bumpers (I had taken them off to be repainted by the bodyshop, as well as using the OEM bumper for the track). The interior is still dirty after the spin, put the rear seat back in too.

I still need to have one small curb rash touched up on the RGRs, fix my steering pump leak, and track down that odd rubbing problem I'm having when making right turns. Otherwise, the car is running tip top shape again.

Good news, grats. :D

Mathew
10-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Did I miss something? :?

The HACK
10-20-2003, 04:29 PM

If you look at the pictures from the Z4 thread, you'll see that the blue Ci is missing the foglights, front bumper reflectors, and tow-hitch cover. I've been running with the OEM bumper for the last month while waiting for my BMW Aerokit bumper to cure.

SpaceMonk
10-20-2003, 09:19 PM

If you look at the pictures from the Z4 thread, you'll see that the blue Ci is missing the foglights, front bumper reflectors, and tow-hitch cover. I've been running with the OEM bumper for the last month while waiting for my BMW Aerokit bumper to cure.
I missed that too. Nice to see it's back up to speed (so to speak). :D

The HACK
11-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Okay, HACKMobile back to 100% operational. :thumbup:

Changed out the powersteering fluid hose yesterday, despite my little adventure on the jackstands everything seems to be in perfect working order, there was a bit of leakage underneath the car but that just appears to have come from the leakage when I swapped out the hose, and a pool developed on the undertray and when the car is sitting flat, it leaked back out. Steering effort for some weird reason seems a lot lighter...Closer to what my wife's 'Ci feels like. Perhaps there was some blockage in the hose that was causing some back-log, thus the hose was all bulged out and leaking.

I had to evacuate the fluid first and noticed there's actually a lot of contaminant inside the power steering fluid reservoir.

Also swapped in the new UUC end links so far. Eliminated all the odd rattling noises from the back of the car, works like a charm. Rob should still just offer these guys for free to previous UUC sway bar owners if you ask me, but that's not going to happen...

Also tracked down the odd rubbing noise. It turns out it's the alternator cooling hose, when I installed my brake cooling duct, I had disconnected them but when I put my aerodynamic bumper back on, I had put the duct back. It turns out that duct needs to be tied down to something and was rubbing against the power steering pulley whenever I am making a LEFT HAND TURN. It had rubbed quite a hole through that duct, I now have it permanently removed.

Masskrug
11-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Also swapped in the new UUC end links so far. Eliminated all the odd rattling noises from the back of the car, works like a charm. Rob should still just offer these guys for free to previous UUC sway bar owners if you ask me, but that's not going to happen...

Hack,

How much does Rob charge previous SwayBarbarian owners anyway? I'm thinking of ordering the replacements...

The HACK
11-10-2003, 02:43 PM

Hack,

How much does Rob charge previous SwayBarbarian owners anyway? I'm thinking of ordering the replacements...

Fitty.