PDA

View Full Version : So I washed the Z4 this weekend...

The HACK
10-20-2003, 01:53 PM
OMG I can not believe how freakin' long and wide the hood is. On the E46 you can easily do one side at a time from each side of the car...In fact there's about a foot and a half overlap where my hands can reach. On the Z4, I'd have to take two swipes front to back, and my hand can not reach the very center of the hood behind the vents and the windshield washer jets.

At TechSession 8.0, Emission commented that they could probably drop in the V-12 in this thing without much hassle. The engine bay looks like it's designed to take something much larger than an inline 6.

ayn
10-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I noticed how much extra space the engine bay had when I first testdrove a Z4. It's night and day difference if you compare that to the S54 M roadster, that thing is so damn tight!

http://gallery.andrewng.com/albums/AustinBimmer/000000111_G.sized.jpg

SpaceMonk
10-20-2003, 09:22 PM
At TechSession 8.0, Emission commented that they could probably drop in the V-12 in this thing without much hassle. The engine bay looks like it's designed to take something much larger than an inline 6.
Yeah, it really is amazing to me how much empty space there is inside that engine bay.