PDA

View Full Version : Most cones you've ever knocked down in one Autox run.

FC
10-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Prompted by the "How to Slalom" video thread.

If you've never knocked down at least two then you suck!

dan
10-14-2004, 02:00 PM
I've never knocked down a cone in an auto-X

TD
10-14-2004, 02:02 PM
I have only been to 5 autoxes. That'd add up to, what, about 20 runs.

So it's not like I am a veteran.

But I have not knocked down a cone. Yet.

I figure cone killers fall into two categories:
-Total novices
-Very good autoxers who are always nipping cones in order to achieve the best possible line.

Then again, what do I know.

blee
10-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Cone happens. The question is whether you learn from 'em...in my case, the answer to the question is questionable.

Roadstergal
10-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Eh, unless you're going hella fast, it doesn't hurt you any to hit one.

FC
10-14-2004, 02:08 PM
I have only been to 5 autoxes. That'd add up to, what, about 20 runs.

So it's not like I am a veteran.

But I have not knocked down a cone. Yet.

-Total novices
-Very good autoxers who are always nipping cones in order to achieve the best possible line.

I've been to 4 Autox'es. Except for the first day, I've never knocked down more than 1 on a run, and maybe a couple in the whole day.

I knocked 6 cones the first day. One each on two separate runs, and 4 in a run when it was pouring and I disabled DSC completely for the first time. I was everywhere. It was awesome. :twisted: I'm surprised I didn't knock down 20 cones that run.

bren
10-14-2004, 02:17 PM
I have enough trouble remembering how many times I've spun let alone how many cones I've hit.

I believe the most I've hit in one run was 5. They were all in a row forming a box that I was going too fast to get through and I took them out while sliding sideways.

clyde
10-14-2004, 02:31 PM
I have enough trouble remembering how many times I've spun let alone how many cones I've hit.

Through 10/3, you've hit 2 this year from the results that I've seen. if there are more, I need to know. :P

JST
10-14-2004, 02:33 PM
I think four way back in the day, though recently never more than one or two.

clyde
10-14-2004, 02:39 PM
-Total novices

Pretty accurate, IMO.

Up through last year, I didn't hit more than the occasional cone here and there. In the Phase II Evo school I took last year, one of the first things Sam asked me after his first ride with me was, "You don't hit many cones, do you?" He then went on about how it was kind of weird because I was nailing the slalom really well which meant that I really knew where the car was, but that I just wasn't getting everything out of other turns because I was being too conservative. This year, I've been averaging about 1 cone for every 4 four runs, and they're usually good ones to hit and I hit them the right way(inside rear or sideways). Every now and then, I'll take out a bunch by trying to carry too much speed through a turn that has a wall on the outside exit.

clyde
10-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Oops...I voted three. Should have been seven (or more...can't remember how many I took out on my first run at the Mazda Rev It Up last year).

bren
10-14-2004, 03:32 PM

Through 10/3, you've hit 2 this year from the results that I've seen. if there are more, I need to know. :P
This occured at the 9/04 PCA event at which I have no "official" results.

I only had 1 clean run (out of 5) so they must have just trashed my results. I coned on the first 3 runs (1, 2, 5 = cones/run) and spun on the last run. :oops:

clyde
10-14-2004, 03:38 PM

This occured at the 9/04 PCA event at which I have no "official" results.

I only had 1 clean run (out of 5) so they must have just trashed my results. I coned on the first 3 runs (1, 2, 5 = cones/run) and spun on the last run. :oops:

You need to report that stuff. :mad:

rost12
10-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Only one, but then I only did 1 auto-x.

I also clipped an apex marker cone at DE once, so that makes 2 :oops: I blame the wide body :D