PDA

View Full Version : BMW Gasoline Additive?

Mr Paddle.Shift
10-18-2003, 06:43 PM
My supplier gave me two bottles of this to try out. OEM BMW approved additive. Made in USA by BMW NA. This is a new part actually.

Has anyone heard about it?:smile:

http://mail.roadfly.org/vpwseah/gas_add.JPG

bren
10-18-2003, 07:39 PM
There was a letter in the tech section of either Roundel or Bimmer (I just read both of them and can't remember which it was in) where they said the BMW stuff is the same as Chevron/Techron only cheaper.

Terri Kennedy
10-18-2003, 08:09 PM
My supplier gave me two bottles of this to try out. OEM BMW approved additive. Made in USA by BMW NA. This is a new part actually.
Based on the cautionary statements on the label, you should be able to require a MSDS from your dealer/BMWNA. That will give you a bunch of info on who makes it and what is in it - the "what is in it" may well be "trade secret items #1, 2, and 3" but they still have to say who the manufacturer is and the basic type of material (such as "petrochemical-based solvent").

Mr Paddle.Shift
10-20-2003, 03:25 PM
You're right Terry. The label didn't list the exact contents of the additive. Will call BMWNA and ask later.

Anyway, I used up a bottle over the weekend. Not sure if I felt any difference anyway...but it was free. :roll:

RKT BMR
10-21-2003, 04:31 PM
You're right Terry. The label didn't list the exact contents of the additive. Will call BMWNA and ask later.

Anyway, I used up a bottle over the weekend. Not sure if I felt any difference anyway...but it was free. :roll:That's 'cause you did it all wrong, Vince.

Your supposed to put in 15.9 gallons of that stuff, then add one bottle-full of 91 octane gasoline.

I guarantee you'll feel a difference :P

Mr Paddle.Shift
10-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Darn it...I knew I did something wrong! :D

Btw, Dave, you didn't make it to B&M last weekend did you? I wasn't around either. Let's meet up again next time aye? :thumbup:

Eric Giles
10-23-2003, 05:14 PM

Anyway, I used up a bottle over the weekend. Not sure if I felt any difference anyway...but it was free. :roll:

Just remember, it is a good idea to change your oil shortly after you use any treatment such as this. The carbon deposits and other things it loosens up wind up in your oil. I would not usually change it immediately, but I don't think I would personally more than a few hundred more miles before I would change it.

I will have to check with my dealer to see how much they will charge me for it-it won't be free for me! :smile:

Mr Paddle.Shift
10-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the advice, Eric! :smile:

RKT BMR
10-26-2003, 09:38 AM
Darn it...I knew I did something wrong! :D

Btw, Dave, you didn't make it to B&M last weekend did you? I wasn't around either. Let's meet up again next time aye? :thumbup:Nope... didn't know it was on. HACK either hasn't added me to the The Tribe mailing list (I'm an honorary member, you know, even though I'm in NoCal), or there's an email problem. HACKmeister, you listening? I'll make the next one if I know about it!! :cry: ;) ;)