PDA

View Full Version : Help please - squeaky steering wheel.

ARCHER
08-27-2004, 12:23 AM
I apologize in advance for my laziness or better put, lack of time to hunt for the answers - lots of OT lately. I know this is a common malady of the E36 line and recall reading the fix somewhere. In short, my squeaky wheel is driving me off my nut and I want to address it, ASAP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Doug
08-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Lots of info on this at the fest. Do a quick search there. It can be as easy as some WD 40 or taking the thing apart.

zach
08-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Mine was squeaky for a long time. The clutch pedal was too.

As soon as it got warm here, both issues disappeared. If they come back, I'll probably just turn the radio up louder, or debaffle the airbox. Or both.

I have resigned myself to picking my battles with this car.

FC
08-27-2004, 08:17 AM
Mine was squeaky for a long time. The clutch pedal was too.

As soon as it got warm here, both issues disappeared. If they come back, I'll probably just turn the radio up louder, or debaffle the airbox. Or both.

I have resigned myself to picking my battles with this car.

My steering wheel has a slight plasticky queak when I turn it to the left. It is only sporadic though. I'll bring it up next time I bring the car in.

ARCHER
08-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

z'vant,

You need to debaffle, dude.

zach
08-27-2004, 03:39 PM

z'vant,

My car is already louder than other e36 M3s for some unknown reason. The vanos is going, but the noise is still "within spec".

:dunno:

ARCHER
08-27-2004, 10:14 PM

z'vant,

My car is already louder than other e36 M3s for some unknown reason. The vanos is going, but the noise is still "within spec".

:dunno:

But debaffling is a very "good" loud, and only unveiled at WOT. I suspect a VANOS unit on the outs is far from being a welcome sound.