PDA

View Full Version : Someone should buy this car...

TD
05-14-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.advantagecertified.com/inventory/view.php?inventory_id=1500

If I could pull it off, I would. But, right now, that's still too rich for me.

FC
05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Nice car. I would have liked manual sport seats, but nice. I also don't care for those wheels, but that's an easy (though expensive) fix.

While I can still get an E90 M3 for 55K through ED, the M3 is the leading contender. 55K is my absolute ceiling (excluding sales tax) and only for a new car like the M3 that will require $0 in repairs and maintenance for years. Otherwise my budget drops to $50K max. This is all for next spring at the earliest.

TD
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Nice car. I would have liked manual sport seats, but nice. I also don't care for those wheels, but that's an easy (though expensive) fix.

While I can still get an E90 M3 for 55K through ED, the M3 is the leading contender. 55K is my absolute ceiling (excluding sales tax) and only for a new car like the M3 that will require $0 in repairs and maintenance for years. Otherwise my budget drops to $50K max. This is all for next spring at the earliest.
http://www.advantagecertified.com/inventory/view.php?inventory_id=1603

FC
05-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Nice (and in the only color other than LeMans Blue that I'd consider), but next spring I'd be gettin a new 2010. And if I wait until the Fall, it would be a 2011 - and just the way I like it AND doing ED.

For me to consider a used M3 (and by next spring an '08 would be 2 years old with only 2 years of warranty left), I'd have to spend no more than $45K if not less.

zach
05-14-2009, 01:00 PM

If that were silver, I'd probably already own it. White is not good for me.

zach
05-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Nice (and in the only color other than LeMans Blue that I'd consider), but next spring I'd be gettin a new 2010. And if I wait until the Fall, it would be a 2011 - and just the way I like it AND doing ED.

For me to consider a used M3 (and by next spring an '08 would be 2 years old with only 2 years of warranty left), I'd have to spend no more than $45K if not less.

You could get a CPO...

John V
05-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Wrong color, wrong dealership. Blah.

zach
05-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Wrong color, wrong dealership. Blah.

Yeah. I've heard (probably here) that they won't really negotiate on price. Annoying.

FC
05-14-2009, 01:39 PM
You could get a CPO...

I thought there were no CPO M3's?

John V
05-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah. I've heard (probably here) that they won't really negotiate on price. Annoying.

They won't negotiate on price, their price is almost always way too high, and the majority of cars I've seen there have been resprayed. Poorly.

Their sales force is also very aggressive. Not a huge fan.

zach
05-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I thought there were no CPO M3's?

Yeah, they decided to start allowing CPOs.

wdc330i
05-14-2009, 03:06 PM
They won't negotiate on price, their price is almost always way too high, and the majority of cars I've seen there have been resprayed. Poorly.

Their sales force is also very aggressive. Not a huge fan.

There seem to be better deals at Porsche dealerships...

equ
05-14-2009, 03:12 PM
The 997 deal is great but I bet there is a story with that car. They are 3rd party, right? Most bmw/porsche dealerships will reject cars with a lot of respray for their cpo programs.

There is nothing wrong with power regular seats in the 997/987. While they may not "look" as sporty as bmw bolstered seats, they hold you in place very well. And with the powered base, you get memory and lumbar as well (over the manual sport seats). Of all possible 05+ porsche seats (regular manual base, sports manual base, regular power base + lumbar and power sports + lumbar i.e. adaptive) there is not a bad seat among the four. I have the regular base. Perhaps for a change, I'd get one of the other three next time around, but I can't imagine it differing that much.

The m3 price is not that good to begin with.

FC
05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
The 997 deal is great but I bet there is a story with that car. They are 3rd party, right? Most bmw/porsche dealerships will reject cars with a lot of respray for their cpo programs.

There is nothing wrong with power regular seats in the 997/987. While they may not "look" as sporty as bmw bolstered seats, they hold you in place very well. And with the powered base, you get memory and lumbar as well (over the manual sport seats). Of all possible 05+ porsche seats (regular manual base, sports manual base, regular power base + lumbar and power sports + lumbar i.e. adaptive) there is not a bad seat among the four. I have the regular base. Perhaps for a change, I'd get one of the other three next time around, but I can't imagine it differing that much.

The m3 price is not that good to begin with.

Stuka brought up the good point that if you need access to the back (as when you have kids) manual seats are best for quickly getting space to work. And given that I prefer the sports seats, why not?

By the way, the new CF sport seats are the cat's pajamas.

FC
05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, they decided to start allowing CPOs.

That changes things. Although I assume that also means original owners can buy an additional 2 years of warranty.

zach
05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
That changes things. Although I assume that also means original owners can buy an additional 2 years of warranty.

I would assume so.

misterlance
05-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Meh. Its not a BMW.

equ
05-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Stuka brought up the good point that if you need access to the back (as when you have kids) manual seats are best for quickly getting space to work. And given that I prefer the sports seats, why not?

By the way, the new CF sport seats are the cat's pajamas.

I'm not a 100% on 997 seats (only had 996 and 987) but I think all of them (like my 987 seats) have a quick fold tab on the top, power or not.

The new CF sport seats are extremely uncomfortable for me. I wouldn't consider them for a split second.

FC
05-16-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not a 100% on 997 seats (only had 996 and 987) but I think all of them (like my 987 seats) have a quick fold tab on the top, power or not.

The new CF sport seats are extremely uncomfortable for me. I wouldn't consider them for a split second.

987 seats = 997 seats.

Foldinng seatbacks are nice, but sliding the whole seat forward is better. Remeber, this is not for an adult or a young kid to get in and out on their own, we're talking about youbasically getting in there with a toddler and strapping him/her in. You need all the room you can get.

I happened to like the CF seats. Now, for a DD it probably would get old/uncomfortable, but for a fun car, I think I would not get sick of it.