PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage Store

Mathew
05-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Has anyone been to the main store out in Tacoma? I'm in Seattle and wondering if it's worth the forty-five minute drive out there. I don't want to waste a trip if the store is small and unimpressive.

lip277
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Several times.....

Is it worth a trip?
Probably not as such.

There are a couple of things though that might make it worth while for you....
Is there something you would like to see before you purchase?
Is there something that is expensive to ship?
The showroom is maybe 20'x40' - only some items are displayed. They do display some odds and ends but what they show is mostly the cleaning products and such.

Other than that - ???
If you had some time to kill - sure...

Mathew
05-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I was suspecting that might be the case. I need to get the staple products, but I was thinking I could see and maybe even play with some new hotness and things I wouldn't normally order. I'm staying with family and they have two kids, and that's my only mode of transportation. It would have been nice to avoid their shipping charges, though.

Rob
05-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Last year, they toured with the Good Guys Show and they brought a lot of stuff with them and did demos and stuff. Anything you wanted that they didn't bring, they shipped for free. It might have been an experiment as I haven't seen them at the show any other time. This year, they were missing. So were a ton of other vendors that I am used to seeing. McGuires (however you spell it) was there as always, so I bought chrome polish from them instead.

It's disspointing to hear that the store is dissapointing. I would never have made it to the store anyway, but that's besides the point.

lip277
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Just remember 99.9999% of their sales are via catalog or internet- so I presume the actual store isn't really a main point for them -