PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to 'Fil

equ
02-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your help on the deal, my friend is ecstatic... We had a fine drive back (173mi) and even put the top down for the last bit in Manhattan. Drives perfectly and I'm green with envy on how good this generation of M is.

You're the third 'mudgeon I've met.

SARAFIL
03-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Glad that I could help. The timing was perfect... a few days later and that deal could not happen. Thanks again!

equ
03-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Mike C. who take care of the sales/explanation was also quite impressive in politeness and knowledge...

My friend is walking on the clouds, he is so happy (and I'm beginning to get a just little jealous). I feel like given his last three cars (c230 AT, clk320 AT, cls550 AT) we might have *saved* a soul by getting him into an MT M3.

SARAFIL
03-01-2009, 09:53 AM
(and I'm beginning to get a just little jealous).

I can help you with that too! :cool:

equ
03-01-2009, 10:02 AM
JST, I think I was wrong on the steering of the tech package (comment from my previous test drive). I drove the car for 100+ miles yesterday and it seems that you can only change the steering on the M-mode. In normal driving, the steering weights up very nicely with speed (my b6s4 did this as well, but with less feel) and I never thought about the steering very much once I got used to it.

I found the M-mode fun but ultimately gimmicky. The suspension change seems to be most noticeable one. Not sure where I would use the stiffest setting. I found that comfort worked well most of the time (NYC, suburbia etc). It did seem to sound slightly throatier, but not sure if it actually changes the exhaust or if that's from pressing on the pedal. In the end, I didn't play with the modes/settings too much as I was too busy enjoying.

equ
03-01-2009, 10:08 AM
The medium stiff setting of the suspension worked well on the Merritt.