PDA

View Full Version : Never go to a car wash.

dredmo
10-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Came out of the mall yesterday evening. I found my bimmer pelted to hell by seagulls. Big ones.

Anyways, I took the car to the car wash so that the poop wouldn't leave the permanent clear coat spots.

Well anyways, their switching pot must not have been working correctly, and when I was trying to rinse, it kept on putting out wax.

So, I hurried home to wash that crap off, and it was actually sunny enough to dry the wax in a trillion tiny little wax bubbles that, once cooled down, were as hard as glass.

Lucky for me, 2 hours in direct sun light softened it up enough for me to scrub it off with a terry-sponge.

It was a bitch, and took about 2 hours.

Anyways, just figured I would vent.

ARCHER
10-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Yup, you have to be careful with those places.

I typically hit the one near my house to knock off the majority of the grit before hand washing. The trick is to shoot it into your mouth first, to taste for wax, degreaser, etc.

jpgurl
10-17-2003, 10:00 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dredmo
10-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Yup, you have to be careful with those places.

I typically hit the one near my house to knock off the majority of the grit before hand washing. The trick is to shoot it into your mouth first, to taste for wax, degreaser, etc. :lol: :shock: :D

operknockity
10-17-2003, 10:24 AM
The trick is to shoot it into your mouth first, to taste for wax, degreaser, etc.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/smilies/throwup.gif :lol: