PDA

View Full Version : JK Unlimited: Yellow or Green?

FC
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Yellow comes only in dark grey, green can be had in tan (which I would greatly prefer due to tan-colored shedding machine) but it is hard ot find so it will also likely have a dark grey interior.

operknockity
02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Barney Purple FTW!

clyde
02-03-2009, 04:19 PM
mud brown, anything else is posing

clyde
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
on second thought, perhaps dried mud tan would also be acceptable

FC
02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Fair enough, but keep in mind the inside of the car also shows a lot of the exterior color.

lupinsea
02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
THE DETONATOR YELLOW WILL BE A VERY LOUD COLOR, VERY BRIGHT. MIGHT IT STAND OUT A BIT IN BOSTON? BUT ITS A FUN COLOR, TOO.

Jeep Green would be a bit more subdued (though I like the Rescue Green a bit more).

Kind of depends on what you want, something BRIGHT FOCKING YELLOW or a subdued dark green.

For some visuals to help people decide:

BRIGHT FOCKING YELLOW (http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/jk35.jpg)

Jeep Green (http://my.project-jk.com/data/510/medium/Jeep_at_Stanley_Draper_Lake_Mar_07_8958.jpg)

I'd say get the BRIGHT FOCKING YELLOW and don't worry about the tan-colored shedding machine. Just consider if you'd get tired of looking at such a bright, yellow Jeep. It was the same thought process I had with an Imola Red ZHP. It's an awesome read but for some reason i wanted a more muted color for our BMW. But I love the yellow color on my Jeep. Never get tired looked at it in yellow. Go figure.

lupinsea
02-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Barney Purple FTW!

He can get some rattle cans and spray bomb his rig after he gets it. :D

Or . . . this is so wrong:

http://www.4x4report.com/sprayonmud.jpg

You need to work for your mud. :lupe:

Plaz
02-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Jeep Green north of NYC/San Fran.

BFY south of NYC/San Fran. :D

lupinsea
02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Jeep Green north of NYC/San Fran.

BFY south of NYC/San Fran. :D

Naw, I gotta have a yellow Jeep up here. If it was green I'd lose it in the woods if I parked next to some moss.

FC
02-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I think if I can somehow find the holy grail of green/tan, I would go with green, otherwise I rather have yellow.

Problem is my wife would only tolerate one yellow car so that would likley write off a yellow sportscar in the future. Also, I can't imagine ever wanting another car in green and if I get a jeep, I'd keep it forever. If it's green, I'd never have color conflicts.

Minor stuff, I know.

equ
02-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I can't believe I voted in this poll. There was no "No" option, so I hit green. Those going for yellow just don't understand the Northeast.

Plaz
02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Those going for yellow just don't understand the Northeast.

:lol:

:+1

clyde
02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I can't believe I voted in this poll. There was no "No" option, so I hit green. Those going for yellow just don't understand the Northeast.

Or they do and see it as...well...one diaper thread a night is enough on a car board. ;)

FC
02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Or they do and see it as...well...one diaper thread a night is enough on a car board. ;)

:lol:

lupinsea
02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Those going for yellow just don't understand the Northeast.

THE DETONATOR YELLOW WILL BE A VERY LOUD COLOR, VERY BRIGHT. MIGHT IT STAND OUT A BIT IN BOSTON? BUT ITS A FUN COLOR, TOO.

I'm not that familiar with the NE U.S. or upper east coast but from what I hear it's a bit more muted and conservative in outward appearances.

Oddly enough . . . when I was watching the movie Legally Blond with my wife that was a good illustration, I think. The flamboyant, bright colors the girls in California wear just seem so "natural", obvious, and/or fitting for California and the west coast in general (they'd be a smidge "bright" up in Seattle). But as soon as the characters show up in the NE they stick out like a sore thumb among all the dark browns, dark tans, grays, blacks, and navy blue dress colors everyone else wears.

If one were inclined toward sterotypes it might give the impression that the NE is a bit boring. :eeps:;)

FC
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm not that familiar with the NE U.S. or upper east coast but from what I hear it's a bit more muted and conservative in outward appearances.

Oddly enough . . . when I was watching the movie Legally Blond with my wife that was a good illustration, I think. The flamboyant, bright colors the girls in California wear just seem so "natural", obvious, and/or fitting for California and the west coast in general (they'd be a smidge "bright" up in Seattle). But as soon as the characters show up in the NE they stick out like a sore thumb among all the dark browns, dark tans, grays, blacks, and navy blue dress colors everyone else wears.

If one were inclined toward sterotypes it might give the impression that the NE is a bit boring. :eeps:;)

It is.