PDA

View Full Version : Sarafil, Le Mans blue now available?

IndyMike
12-19-2008, 06:18 PM
There is a rumor of the 135 being made available in Le Mans blue, with an M Sports pak that includes anthracite head-liner and type 261 double-spoke wheels.

This combination is already available in Canada, but apparently the USA configurator had it listed as an option for a couple of days early this month.

Then mysteriously it just disappeared off of the build-it site.

Any skinny on whether it's a coming attraction, or just a "WHOOPS" on NA's part?

SCA
12-19-2008, 06:26 PM
There is a rumor of the 135 being made available in Le Mans blue, with an M Sports pak that includes anthracite head-liner and type 261 double-spoke wheels.

This combination is already available in Canada, but apparently the USA configurator had it listed as an option for a couple of days early this month.

Any skinny on whether it's a coming attraction, or just a "WHOOPS" on NA's part?

I believe if that exact combo was available for the US market, I would have to give in and purchase.

SARAFIL
12-19-2008, 06:55 PM

I checked the ordering system and can not see any different sport package or the addition of Lemans Blue through August production. Maybe something in September for 2010 model year? I will let you know if I hear anything.

IndyMike
12-19-2008, 07:50 PM
I believe if that exact combo was available for the US market, I would have to give in and purchase.I think that would buckle my knee's too, Sean. :yes:

RFT's or not. I just hope it's fiction, or else I may have to go to full waffle mode.

I checked the ordering system and can not see any different sport package or the addition of Lemans Blue through August production. Maybe something in September for 2010 model year? I will let you know if I hear anything.
Thanks fil. According to this thread here (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19949) a dealership in Ohio supposedly already placed an order on or about 1 December, but has posted nothing about it recently.

Please don't kill yourself trying to get info. I'm guessing it's a mistake, because NA has been pretty adamant about LMB being an M only color.

The only reason they would recant is to possibly try and reinvigorate the market and increase sales of the 135.

It might create some temporary excitement, but I doubt it would be able to sustain any momentum throughout the 09 model year.

SARAFIL
12-19-2008, 08:21 PM
I did some more searching, and now I am able to find some cars that are already built in Lemans Blue... 7 in the US right now, to be exact. None of them have the so-called "M Sport" package though, just regular options... some have ZSP and some do not.

IndyMike
12-19-2008, 09:02 PM
I did some more searching, and now I am able to find some cars that are already built in Lemans Blue... 7 in the US right now, to be exact. None of them have the so-called "M Sport" package though, just regular options... some have ZSP and some do not.
Whoa. Have you ever known such a thing to happen, but only later to find out that it was in the system by mistake?

SARAFIL
12-19-2008, 09:09 PM
I did some more research and now see that these cars have "M Sport Package" listed on the window sticker, but does not show up on the vehicle locate screen. Also, the color has been removed from the ordering system. It looks like a few cars got through before they were ready to turn the switch on for this option. When I pull up the details on these cars, there is no price for the package listed.

I'm going to watch as the first cars arrive and hit the dealers to see when it starts showing the price for the package.

IndyMike
12-19-2008, 09:19 PM
I did some more research and now see that these cars have "M Sport Package" listed on the window sticker, but does not show up on the vehicle locate screen. Also, the color has been removed from the ordering system. It looks like a few cars got through before they were ready to turn the switch on for this option. When I pull up the details on these cars, there is no price for the package listed.

I'm going to watch as the first cars arrive and hit the dealers to see when it starts showing the price for the package.
Very interesting.

It's about 5 years since I've been to the Fatherland. I'll be calling my relatives over there on Christmas Day. Guess I might want to give them a warning order that I may be coming over this June. :)

dan
12-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Is LeMans that much better/different than Interlagos?

Optimus Prime
12-19-2008, 11:39 PM
:noob:

IndyMike
12-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Is LeMans that much better/different than Interlagos?Well, it definitely is subjective as to which one is better, but I think Le Mans is a reddish bluer blue than Interlagos. So it has a lot less purple in it than Interlagos.

I don't dislike Interlagos (nor Montego for that matter), but it's not available on the 1 series.

Although blue is my favorite color, I'm really picky about what shade of blue it is. I prefer a lighter blue like Estoril over a darker, yet purplish blue like Interlagos.

Le Mans just seems like the perfect shade of blue to me, but I would probably be equally satisfied with Avus or Topaz if they were available.

But they'd be only available by special order and according to everything I've seen, outside of the individual program for the 7 series, NA is apparently not allowing special orders on any of there current models.

wdc330i
12-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Well, it definitely is subjective as to which one is better, but I think Le Mans is a reddish bluer blue than Interlagos. So it has a lot less purple in it than Interlagos.

I don't dislike Interlagos (nor Montego for that matter), but it's not available on the 1 series.

Although blue is my favorite color, I'm really picky about what shade of blue it is. I prefer a lighter blue like Estoril over a darker, yet purplish blue like Interlagos.

Le Mans just seems like the perfect shade of blue to me, but I would probably be equally satisfied with Avus or Topaz if they were available.

But they'd be only available by special order and according to everything I've seen, outside of the individual program for the 7 series, NA is apparently not allowing special orders on any of there current models.

I would probably have to give in and by a 1 series convertible or Z2 if either were available in Topaz.

Nick M3
12-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Yes. See them side by side and there's no comparison. IB is more purple, LMB is, well, just gorgeous.

IndyMike
12-22-2008, 01:25 PM

Fillip, are you still personally allowed to dabble in BMW sales now that you're a big-shot with Mini there?

And I assume that both ED & PCD are still mutually available, right?

FC
12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes. See them side by side and there's no comparison. IB is more purple, LMB is, well, just gorgeous.

:+1

I heart LMB.

IndyMike
02-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Now that I'm finally over the sadness of moving the ZHP, on to the next order of business to find it's successor.

I've lopped off many options for the 135i I originally had a hankering for when it first came out about a year ago, and am just going back to a lightly modified rig to be purchased via European Delivery.

I think I'm settled on this configuration:

Le Man's blue
Lemon Boston Leather (Yeah, I know, I'm kookoo)
Gray Poplar Trim
ZMP M-Sports Pak (same as ZSP, but add anthracite headliner other assorted cosmetics and style 261M double spoke wheels)
Heated front seats
iPod

Undecided on whether to opt for PCD on the backend. I'd like to. Just need 'The Warden' to buy off on it.

Part A was a tough enough sale. Part B might require her to bring out the well worn billyjack. :)

Theo
02-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Now that I'm finally over the sadness of moving the ZHP, on to the next order of business to find it's successor.

I've lopped off many options for the 135i I originally had a hankering for when it first came out about a year ago, and am just going back to a lightly modified rig to be purchased via European Delivery.

Le Man's blue
Gray Poplar Trim
ZMP M-Sports Pak (same as ZSP, but add anthracite headliner other assorted cosmetics and style 261M double spoke wheels)
Heated front seats
iPod

Undecided on whether to opt for PCD on the backend. I'd like to. Just need 'The Warden' to buy off on it.

Part A was a tough enough sale. Part B might require her to bring out the well worn billyjack. :)

Wow yet another cool color combo. You are pretty dam good at that. Looking forward to the write up.

FC
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Le Man's blue
Gray Poplar Trim
Heated front seats
iPod

Awesome!

SARAFIL
02-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Awesome!

That's going to be HOT!! :eek:

IndyMike
03-08-2009, 10:10 AM
The local dealership has a LMB E82. :jawdrop:

The car looks ever so tight in that color, and the double spoke 261's make the stock 264's pale in comparison. And they are much more manageable to maintain than the double spoke 135's that outfitted the ZHP.

Might have been even more tempted if it hadn't been encumbered with a steppy tranny. Had the Glacier aluminum trim, but it just didn't look right; really cheap. Also choked with ZPP & CA, two options that do nothing for me but add $$$$$'s. Black leather looked okay. Sticker was $44k. Dump ZPP & Steptronic and you're looking just under $40k.

Anthracite headliner is so suh-weeeeeeeet! The funky gray on the stock E82 is just wrong.

If I could find a 6 speed on the lot I would test drive it to reaffirm my impressions from the initial one I took almost a year ago. Other than validating that it's an E30 on steroids, that it's the most fun you can get for a four-seater for under $40k, and that the crapflats detract from the experience not sure there's anything new I would learn from it though.