PDA

View Full Version : 645 anyone

Doug
10-16-2003, 10:34 PM
From a BMW NA Press Release:

Christmas is coming early for 50 Neiman Marcus customers who managed to place their calls into the BMW Purchase Hotline to order the new, 2004 BMW 645Ci that was featured in this year's Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, as it went on sale at 12 noon EDT on Thursday, October 16th.

As the clock struck noon, the 1-866-303-BMW6 phone lines were completely lit up with buyers who wanted to be sure they were among the first 50 people in the U.S. to own the just introduced Limited Edition 645Ci. The sports car sold out in a mere six minutes and 57 seconds.

clyde
10-16-2003, 10:38 PM
From a BMW NA Press Release:

Christmas is coming early for 50 Neiman Marcus customers who managed to place their calls into the BMW Purchase Hotline to order the new, 2004 BMW 645Ci that was featured in this year's Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, as it went on sale at 12 noon EDT on Thursday, October 16th.

As the clock struck noon, the 1-866-303-BMW6 phone lines were completely lit up with buyers who wanted to be sure they were among the first 50 people in the U.S. to own the just introduced Limited Edition 645Ci. The sports car sold out in a mere six minutes and 57 seconds.

Fools rush in... :eek:

operknockity
10-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Just goes to show that some folks have waaaaay more money than common sense :lol:

mquetel
10-16-2003, 11:01 PM
I expect this one costs a bit more than the 75K ordinary 645. :roll:

SpaceMonk
10-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Yeah. What do you think, 90k?

GSR13
10-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Yeah. What do you think, 90k?

Whatever the amount, it just seems ridiculous. Now, the Gucci Addition, I would spend the big bucks on.

operknockity
10-17-2003, 12:47 AM
Now, the Gucci Addition, I would spend the big bucks on.
I'd hold out for the Versace Edition.

dredmo
10-17-2003, 12:48 AM
Now, the Gucci Addition, I would spend the big bucks on.
I'd hold out for the Versace Edition.

Myself, I want the Scarface edition. :twisted:

mquetel
10-17-2003, 12:57 AM

Does that one come standard with a grenade launcher and handy, descrete storage for your paraphernalia? :lol:

operknockity
10-17-2003, 01:29 AM

Does that one come standard with a grenade launcher and handy, descrete storage for your paraphernalia? :lol:
Only if you order the optional Urban Assault Package. It will be more exclusize than ZHP :lol:

dredmo
10-17-2003, 01:30 AM

You Betcha :twisted:

Adrian's BMW
10-17-2003, 09:44 AM
I've seen the pic in the Christmas Book and it's gorgeous. Stratus over creme beige. They even give you the chance to take ED on the car as well and plan a "shopping" vacation.

blee
10-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I saw a segment on Today with the car parked outside (along with a few other Neiman goodies -- chicks in mermaid suits, ice fishing houses, and the Tomahawk) and it was seriously HOT. Really, really nice. It makes last year's NM XLR look like a toy, and I really like the XLR.

IIRC, the price (whatever it was) includes Euro Delivery and a European vacation package.

Mathew
10-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Only if you order the optional Urban Assault Package. It will be more exclusize than ZHP :lol:

It only comes in that Urban Green Camouflage color though :lol:

operknockity
10-18-2003, 03:32 AM
It only comes in that Urban Green Camouflage color though :lol:
Couldn't get the camo working, but here it is in urban green (or as close as I could get it with my primitive p-shop skills)...

http://www.operknockity.com/bimmer/images/misc/urban6.jpg

And I'm nowhere near good enough to p-shop in the armaments on the hood.

Mr Paddle.Shift
10-18-2003, 12:00 PM
Guys...

I used to think that these people have nothing better to do than waste their money on Neiman Marcus. Then again, the marketing concept behind this promotion by NM is about "a convenient package". Look around the other X'mas gifts NM is offering and you will realize that the 645 is one of the cheaper gifts around. Still, there will be a market for it. To this pool of customers, shopping around LA BMW dealers, hassling with car sales associates, doing a google search on the internet, or hanging out at the forums are a total waste of resource and time. Most of us will agree that shopping around for a good deal is the way to buy a car, but not with this pool.

So NM offers the 645 with a hotline to call and order, why not? :D

Mathew
10-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Whatever the amount, it just seems ridiculous. Now, the Gucci Addition, I would spend the big bucks on.

Not with this interior :thumbdow:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20012