PDA

View Full Version : It's harder to drive with real driving shoes!!

ayn
05-05-2004, 12:59 AM
So I had been driving with some regular walking shoes or sneakers, they are wide enough so I could heel-toe easily just by tilting my foot to the right. Last Saturday I got some real driving shoes from the Puma store at San Marcos, they're not fire-deterrent, but good enough for track days. But they are really narrow and I can't safely heel-toe the same way as before. Like if I try to reach for the gas pedal, I might slip off the brake pedal. (and it's happened several times)

So I went back into trying to do it the right way, like those Japanese guys in the Best Motoring videos, it's kindda hard with the BMW gas pedal coz the hinch is at the bottom. I've got better at it since Saturday, my next track event is next weekend, hopefully I'll get it down by then, otherwise I'll wear my old shoes. :)

For those who got racing shoes, how do you heel-toe? I wear size 10, I guess I might be alright if I wore size 12.

--Andrew

Doug
05-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Crank your foot over at a 30deg angle

ayn
05-05-2004, 11:38 AM
That's what I started doing since Saturday, I got it down for street driving now, it was a lot easier with wider shoes. :)

nate
05-05-2004, 11:57 AM
I have Piloti Monacos and have no problems. Size 12.

They are not the extreme driving shoes, but I bought them because they are more comfortable to walk around in.

ayn
05-05-2004, 12:13 PM
I think Size 12 would be wide enough, Size 10 is a bit too narrow... so I've switched to using my heel on the gas pedal instead of just the right side of my foot like I used to do it.