PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on tires - E38 w/ sport package

lip277
09-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey folks -
Most of you know I have two E38's. One for me, one for the Mrs... (and her car was my Mothers before we got it...)

I just had to replace the rears on the red E38 (my car) compliments of splitting the sidewall on something I ran over on the freeway.... :irate:

Oh well... I have been running Mich Pilot Sport A/S's on that car and they 'seem' to do well -
The other car has those tired installed as well.
There was a comment from equ in the 'post the last thing you bought' thread that got me thinking if there was a better choice....

One thing - I need to investigate the sizes.... The PO of my red car installed tires that were slightly larger than stock (and I have carried his fitment forward). The other car has stayed with stock sizes. Makes mixing/matching between these two cars a real PITA as you can imagine.

But - not worrying about my size quandry specifically right now....
What tire options would you consider...???

Mich PS A/S
Mich PS A/S Plus (they show this in Tire Rack... and I have no info on it... other than reading their site)
Goodyear F1
Kuhmo Ecsta ASX
BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S
Avon Tech M550 A/S
Pirelli PZero Nero M&S

The Avon and Pirelli - I'm not too sure about but they are available in my sizes (255/45 & 275/40 18") so....

Just thought I'd show them all.

Any thoughts...???

equ
09-16-2008, 04:14 AM
That kumho and that avon are not in the class of the others. You get what you pay for (roughly). I personally experienced the mich ps a/s and the pzero nero a/s and liked both. Disliked the kumho a/s and avon on test drives.

The goodyear has good grip but seems a bit rough. If you need snow capability stay with mich otherwise I recommend the pzero (good for 3 seasons).