PDA

View Full Version : Inside Speed Secrets

Doug
04-01-2004, 07:12 PM
My homework, before the next track day, from my driving coach is to read "Inside Speed Secrets". I'm about a third of the way through this book and find it very good. It concentraits on the mental aspect of driving as opposed to the mechanical movements. It's pretty cool, I'd recommend it to anyone serious about driving better.

clyde
04-01-2004, 08:08 PM
I'd also highly recommend Keith Code's "Twist of the Wrist" books and "The Soft Science of Road Racing Motorcycles" for great advice on the mental parts of driving. He uses an analogy comparing a finite amount of money to how much attention you have that I thought was brilliant when I first read it many years ago.

Melissa
04-01-2004, 08:29 PM
I'd also highly recommend Keith Code's "Twist of the Wrist" books ...

My husband has these books and he's gotten a lot out of them, not just for riding his motorcycles, but also to improve his driving skills overall.

clyde
04-01-2004, 08:33 PM
I'd also highly recommend Keith Code's "Twist of the Wrist" books ...

My husband has these books and he's gotten a lot out of them, not just for riding his motorcycles, but also to improve his driving skills overall.Yeah, driving the curves in your new avatar might take some skill ;)

Melissa
04-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Yeah, driving the curves in your new avatar might take some skill ;)

:oops: Aw hell... :cool: