PDA

View Full Version : 2018 F80 M3 - 12.4k miles - 6MT Comp & Exec with warranty left

FC
03-20-2022, 06:51 PM
Details and photos here:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?p=28709607#post28709607

One-owner, late 2018 (June production) F80 that I custom-ordered for ED pick-up in early July 2018, so factory warranty is good until then.

- June 2018 production
- 12.4k miles
- Sunroof
- Manual transmission
- Sakhir Orange with black full leather interior
- Competition package
- Executive package (ICON LED lights, HUD, Full Leather, cameras, etc.)
- Completely stock except for Apple Carplay retrofit last year.
- Full Expel front end wrap added late 2020.
- No accidents, no dents. A couple of minor scratches in hard to spot areas. Wheels are immaculate.
- Car has had zero issues and has never been to the dealer for anything other than service or Mass. inspection stickers.
- Clean title in hand. All records and receipts.
- Non-smoker, no pets, no winters. Always garaged. Has never spent a night outside while in my possession. No track days, no launches, etc. It has been babied. Heck, I've always driven it with leather gloves on.
- Due to European Delivery, car came from the factory with a warning triangle and a first aid kit.

I also have an OEM windshield sunscreen and all OEM parts for a yearly oil change that is due in July.

Jeff_DML
03-20-2022, 08:04 PM
Should of asked 66600;)

GLWS ,looks nice

FC
03-20-2022, 08:32 PM
:lol: Thanks!

FC
03-30-2022, 04:55 PM
I have an offer for 62k from someone (presumably the guy who owns this: https://beckseuropean.com/ ).

I may just take it. I don't want to sit on this too long. Thoughts? Realistically I never expected more than 63-64. Do I want to hold out over $1k?

clyde
03-30-2022, 05:29 PM
I have an offer for 62k from someone (presumably the guy who owns this: https://beckseuropean.com/ ).

I may just take it. I don't want to sit on this too long. Thoughts? Realistically I never expected more than 63-64. Do I want to hold out over $1k?

I'd do it.

FC
03-30-2022, 05:57 PM
I think so too. Let’s see how that goes. He wants the paint measured and I don’t have a meter and he’s offering to send his. I may just buy one.

Any recommendations? They seem to be <$100 or >$500.

clyde
03-30-2022, 06:11 PM
I think so too. Let’s see how that goes. He wants the paint measured and I don’t have a meter and he’s offering to send his. I may just buy one.

Any recommendations? They seem to be <$100 or >$500.

This is what I have ($65ish)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D6SP62F/

It's not great, but is pretty consistent and seems to be good enough :dunno:

FC
03-30-2022, 06:25 PM
Thanks!

John V
03-31-2022, 06:56 AM

Only you can answer that question.

Once I've emotionally "moved-on" from a car, I mostly just want it gone. If the transaction feels right, holding out for another $1k on a $62k deal wouldn't be something I'd do. If I were selling to someone that I felt was just going to flip the car I would probably hold out. :dunno:

FC
03-31-2022, 09:10 AM
Car is tentatively sold. I put the car on the lift and sent phots of the underside and and close up photo of the scuff. He seems happy. He is willing to wire the funds and then send for transport to AZ. He just wants a photo of the title.

IndyMike
03-31-2022, 09:18 AM
Sweet! Let me borrow that Easy button the next time I decide to put a car up for sale. :)

Jeff_DML
03-31-2022, 11:11 AM
congrats :cool:

FC
03-31-2022, 11:25 AM
Sweet! Let me borrow that Easy button the next time I decide to put a car up for sale. :)

It wasn't THAT easy, and I feel I am offering a good price, but I am being pragmatic. I also have the warranty clock working against me.

Still getting ~90% of what I paid (and 95%+ if you exclude sales tax) after the better part of 4 years is not bad. I paid for nothing except fuel and the expel wrap.

clyde
03-31-2022, 12:43 PM
Today I will be putting a deposit down on an M3 for European delivery.

I'd love to think I'll keep this car for a long time but who knows. I'm hoping for at least a ZHP-like 6 years.

Still getting ~90% of what I paid (and 95%+ if you exclude sales tax) after the better part of 4 years is not bad.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

:lol:

I paid for nothing except fuel and the expel wrap.

While you may have paid nearly nothing for the car, you also barely got to use it. For some reason, this makes me really sad and I don't know why.

FC
03-31-2022, 01:11 PM
While you may have paid nearly nothing for the car, you also barely got to use it. For some reason, this makes me really sad and I don't know why.

First of all plans changed, because life. I've covered the job changes. When I ordered it I had been at the same place for 12+ years and thought I would be a lifer.

Yes, I used too little. Part of that is: Euro delivery itself, severely injured right ankle, and COVID. Those 12k miles, we fun, fast miles.

3k/year is what I drove the Boxster, the Turbo, and until the last year, the Miata. I had to go out of my way to put 17k miles on the E91 in 27 months.

If the car's value had plummeted as predicted when I bought it, I'd keep it. Remember, I am effectively trading it for a GTS.

EDIT: Also recall that http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=133890&highlight=M3+GTI+commute

I had a chance to have both with >1 year overlap. The GTI is the better commuter. I had the M3 all this time, got most of my money back, and get to buy a better toy with it. I can live with that.

clyde
03-31-2022, 02:03 PM
First of all plans changed, because life. I've covered the job changes. When I ordered it I had been at the same place for 12+ years and thought I would be a lifer.

Yes, I used too little. Part of that is: Euro delivery itself, severely injured right ankle, and COVID. Those 12k miles, we fun, fast miles.

3k/year is what I drove the Boxster, the Turbo, and until the last year, the Miata. I had to go out of my way to put 17k miles on the E91 in 27 months.

If the car's value had plummeted as predicted when I bought it, I'd keep it. Remember, I am effectively trading it for a GTS.

EDIT: Also recall that http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=133890&highlight=M3+GTI+commute

I had a chance to have both with >1 year overlap. The GTI is the better commuter. I had the M3 all this time, got most of my money back, and get to buy a better toy with it. I can live with that.

It wasn't a knock at all. Just an observation. Plans are plans and then things happen. Whatever. And you adapt and make new plans. Again, whatever.

Alan
03-31-2022, 04:37 PM
Congrats on the Sale, I hope it goes smoothly.

I used to think of cars as what I would want forever but I realized a long time ago no car is forever, it is just for right now ... at least for me, I cannot say the same for lip277 :lol:

wdc330i
03-31-2022, 10:35 PM

I used to think of cars as what I would want forever but I realized a long time ago no car is forever, it is just for right now ... at least for me, I cannot say the same for lip277 :lol:

Yep. Pretty much come to that conclusion for myself as well. Currently, a long-term hold is 5 to 7 years.

JST
03-31-2022, 10:41 PM
I had vehicular ADHD for a long time, but a combination of a smaller number of choices and increasing satisfaction with what I’ve got has really changed that.

The Models S and Mk VII R were all relative short-timers, but I’m at close to three years on the M3, four years on the Model 3, and just over a dozen on the Porsche and honestly don’t feel a burning need to replace any of them.

If it weren’t for concerns about maintenance on the Model 3 and the lure of the last gas Boxster, I wouldn’t be thinking of any replacements, tbh.

As it is, I can’t think of anything to replace the Tesla with.

lip277
03-31-2022, 11:23 PM

LOL - I resemble that remark!!!!

Lets see - The longer serving cars in my garage are.....
Mustang - In family since 1979. Still gathering dust in the shop as I type this.
2002 - 28 years (sold in 2011)
Yukon - 17 years and 275,000 miles (donated in 2017)
F250 - 16 years (and counting)
740iL - Father bought new in 2001, I've had it since 2007 and now with 230,000 miles (or thereabouts)
E9 - 14 years

Jeezzee - I really don't like to get rid of things, do I... LOL

SCA
04-03-2022, 09:02 PM
Congrats! Done deal?

FC
04-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Congrats! Done deal?

Yeah, in process. Buyer will wire me the money tomorrow - although I think he'd want a signed Bill of Sale first! Anyway, transport won't be here to pick it up until Thursday I heard. I took it for a final short nice drive today.

FC
04-05-2022, 01:30 PM
SOLD

lip277
04-05-2022, 03:18 PM
SOLD

:cool:

Nick M3
04-05-2022, 03:21 PM
congrats!

FC
04-05-2022, 07:36 PM
Thanks!

FC
04-12-2022, 09:40 PM
New owner received car and is very happy.

clyde
04-12-2022, 11:32 PM
New owner received car and is very happy.

yay for him?

FC
04-13-2022, 07:58 AM
yay for him?

I suppose. I guess I am just glad that the transaction is complete with no drama and surprises.

RMR
04-13-2022, 10:02 AM
Congrats FC!

FC
04-13-2022, 12:23 PM
Apparently the M3 cost me as much to insure as the LR4 & GTI combined. My rate was just cut in half.

Theo
04-18-2022, 11:56 AM
What a crazy used car market! Seems like you got to enjoy the M3 you wanted for almost nothing. What a deal!! Another congrats!

Just makes you want to sell anything before the used car market corrects itself. But then the only good prospect is buying a new car to replace it and nothing used.

If you can find a dealer with ADM.

FC
04-18-2022, 02:31 PM
What a crazy used car market! Seems like you got to enjoy the M3 you wanted for almost nothing. What a deal!! Another congrats!

Just makes you want to sell anything before the used car market corrects itself. But then the only good prospect is buying a new car to replace it and nothing used.

If you can find a dealer with ADM.

Definitely got most of my money back, which is crazy. My GTI is worth more than I paid 15 months ago.

Sometimes, with the M3 now gone, I wish I had something nicer as a daily, but 1) the GTI is quite good and very economical to run all things considered, and 2) I am not sure what I'd get right now for the given use that would be worth it. The timing is pretty perfect for me to use the GTI for another couple of years before upgrading it and leaving it to the family to use for whatever, making the LR4 even more specialized. I imagine that at that point there will be better EV options, but perhaps a used Taycan may be an option. In the meantime, I hope to be only ~1 year away from a BGTS European Delivery.

clyde
04-18-2022, 03:09 PM
Definitely got most of my money back, which is crazy. My GTI is worth more than I paid 15 months ago.

Sometimes, with the M3 now gone, I wish I had something nicer as a daily, but 1) the GTI is quite good and very economical to run all things considered, and 2) I am not sure what I'd get right now for the given use that would be worth it. The timing is pretty perfect for me to use the GTI for another couple of years before upgrading it and leaving it to the family to use for whatever, making the LR4 even more specialized. I imagine that at that point there will be better EV options, but perhaps a used Taycan may be an option. In the meantime, I hope to be only ~1 year away from a BGTS European Delivery.

I think you sold at a nearly perfect time and you're probably best off not buying anything to replace it anytime soon if you need to. I really think you played the hand you were dealt about as well as it could have been played. (Maybe you could have put some more miles on the car while you had it, but that's about it.)

FC
04-18-2022, 04:18 PM
I think you sold at a nearly perfect time and you're probably best off not buying anything to replace it anytime soon if you need to. I really think you played the hand you were dealt about as well as it could have been played. (Maybe you could have put some more miles on the car while you had it, but that's about it.)

Yeah overall, pretty happy. I got very lucky. And you are right. I don't need to buy anything else right now, so might as well enjoy that.

I do wish I would have driven it more, but again, between ED transport, broken ankle, and COVID, some of it was out of my control.

SCA
04-18-2022, 05:56 PM
I completely agree with Clyde re your timing. There are a few indicators pointing to the used market beginning to slow down.

wdc330i
04-18-2022, 08:19 PM
Yep. Well played. Onward and upward! If you can wait at least two years for your next car, you are in great shape.

JST
04-18-2022, 09:26 PM
Hard to turn down that kind of money for your car!

Theo
04-21-2022, 01:33 AM
This is a perfect market for people with many cars in the stable. Sell hi used and hopefully without ADM get a new car for almost no payments. My issue is I am not that guy. I have one car. Not an often used car since I have put about 7k miles on my car in what 22 months.

So my only recourse is to sell high, btw I bought the M2 used with about 5K miles for a KILLER price right before crazy pandemic prices, compared to todays market, and buy new without ADM.

My plan for the G87.

I guess what I am saying is if you can sell hi used NOW and buy new with no ADM while you can, GO FOR IT!

FC made the right choice! ESP since he wants the 4.0 GTS

EDIT: HOW are you guys getting these GTS’s without huge ADM?

I toyed with the fact that I do not drive that much and getting one and selling it later for maybe even a profit BUT putting 100K into something i will always worry about as my only car.

UMMM FUCK THAT.

wdc330i
04-21-2022, 07:57 PM
This is a perfect market for people with many cars in the stable. Sell hi used and hopefully without ADM get a new car for almost no payments. My issue is I am not that guy. I have one car. Not an often used car since I have put about 7k miles on my car in what 22 months.

So my only recourse is to sell high, btw I bought the M2 used with about 5K miles for a KILLER price right before crazy pandemic prices, compared to todays market, and buy new without ADM.

My plan for the G87.

I guess what I am saying is if you can sell hi used NOW and buy new with no ADM while you can, GO FOR IT!

FC made the right choice! ESP since he wants the 4.0 GTS

EDIT: HOW are you guys getting these GTS’s without huge ADM?

I toyed with the fact that I do not drive that much and getting one and selling it later for maybe even a profit BUT putting 100K into something i will always worry about as my only car.

UMMM FUCK THAT.

That was my calculus: get good money (and money off of sales tax) by selling two used cars and buying one new one with a small discount and CCA rebate. No ADM and no missing important options (this is key as well).

My car is missing passenger lumbar adjustment, something no one in any of my BMWs has EVER used. It has everything else.

And, at least for now, I only have to insure and maintain (free maintenance for three years) one car.

FC
04-23-2022, 01:54 PM
That was my calculus: get good money (and money off of sales tax) by selling two used cars and buying one new one with a small discount and CCA rebate. No ADM and no missing important options (this is key as well).

My car is missing passenger lumbar adjustment, something no one in any of my BMWs has EVER used. It has everything else.

And, at least for now, I only have to insure and maintain (free maintenance for three years) one car.

:thumbup: