PDA

View Full Version : Lexol is good stuff

FC
03-19-2020, 07:13 PM
During the quarantine I've been able to get to things I had not had the time for, and one of them as a good cleaning and conditioning of the leather in both the M3 and the Miata, which I had never done (1.75 and 3+ years respectively).

It's amazing how well the cleaner works. Once I was done, some areas that were starting to look shiny look nice and matte like new. The cleaner also took off whatever gross dressing was leftover from the Miata's previous owner, but the seats and my newer steering wheel look great.

Very pleased.

Nick M3
03-19-2020, 08:34 PM
If lexol is good, what the heck were they using before?

FC
03-19-2020, 08:38 PM
If lexol is good, what the heck were they using before?

Beats me. It seemed like armorall crap from 25 years ago. The dash was glistening with it when I got it.

I have heard of many claiming there is better stuff than lexol, but over the years consensus seems to always go back to lexol.

equ
03-19-2020, 09:10 PM
lexol is what I used to use in my a4 and my 996 fifteen years ago. Aren't zymol or chemical bros or others better? Come to think of it, most of the magic is in the cleaning. Using little to no conditioner is key (depending on how coated your leather is).