PDA

View Full Version : For you wagon enthusiasts

wdc330i
02-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Another AMG Mercedes wagon:

https://hennessyporsche.com/inventory/used/Mercedes-Benz+E-Class+E+63+AMG+Roswell+Georgia+2014+Iridium+Silver +Metallic+1711075

FC
02-13-2018, 03:39 PM
That is tempting!

John V
02-13-2018, 05:41 PM
I cannot even fathom buying one of those without a really comprehensive aftermarket warranty.

Parts costs for even basic stuff is insane for M-B.

Theo
02-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Or https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2014-mercedes-benz-e-class-4/

equ
02-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Speaking of comprehensive warranties... Here is a reason to go Jeep/FCA. The maxcare warranty. My warranty is almost up on the JGC diesel at 35k miles. Taking a $100 deductible, I can extend this to 7/75, pretty much bumper-to-bumper, minus wear and tear, for $1200. Or to 8/85 for $1600+. Transferable and there is even a partial refund should you wish to cancel. Coverage seems more than most CPO warranties. Certain folks (non-diesels, non-SRT's, first owners) can even buy lifetime (though after 100k they'll compare repair costs to the value of your car).

So where's the catch? You have to deal with the Jeep/Chrysler dealer network, who must be paid next to nothing for warranty shop time based on my initial experience with them. Pushing them to up-sell, up-sell, up-sell. Ugh.

robg
02-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Speaking of comprehensive warranties... Here is a reason to go Jeep/FCA. The maxcare warranty. My warranty is almost up on the JGC diesel at 35k miles. Taking a $100 deductible, I can extend this to 7/75, pretty much bumper-to-bumper, minus wear and tear, for $1200. Or to 8/85 for $1600+. Transferable and there is even a partial refund should you wish to cancel. Coverage seems more than most CPO warranties. Certain folks (non-diesels, non-SRT's, first owners) can even buy lifetime (though after 100k they'll compare repair costs to the value of your car).

So where's the catch? You have to deal with the Jeep/Chrysler dealer network, who must be paid next to nothing for warranty shop time based on my initial experience with them. Pushing them to up-sell, up-sell, up-sell. Ugh.

Always been intrigued by those FCA warranties. But like you said, there are lots of horror stories out there about getting warranty work done by FCA dealers.