PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, I'm so glad I have my car back!

Nick M3
10-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Loaners serve as nice reminders of just how much better BMWs are than almost everything else out there. :cool:

dredmo
10-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Loaners serve as nice reminders of just how much better BMWs are than almost everything else out there. :cool:

My loaner is always a BMW. :D

Nick M3
10-15-2003, 04:16 PM

:flame: :flipoff: :wutblau: :cry:

Eugie Baange
10-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Boy can I ever relate to that. I still haven't gotten over driving that Toyota for too many weeks. A real POC. I *really* appreciated getting my 3 back and I had only owned a Bimmer for 6 months; I was already spoiled.

Mathew
10-15-2003, 06:39 PM

Same here :D

dredmo
10-15-2003, 06:40 PM

Are you like me? I demand excellent customer service, and I get it. J/K I just always remind them, BMW promises a BMW loaner and they always pleasantly comply. :twisted:

Mathew
10-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Are you like me? I demand excellent customer service, and I get it. J/K I just always remind them, BMW promises a BMW loaner and they always pleasantly comply. :twisted:

They have a lot of loaners on the lot, so it never really is a problem. Plus, being loyal customers always lets us get dibs on the fun ones :wink:

dredmo
10-15-2003, 07:20 PM

They have a lot of loaners on the lot, so it never really is a problem. Plus, being loyal customers always lets us get dibs on the fun ones :wink:

Very nice, I told you about my salesass right?

He refused to let me test drive a z4 unless I had full intentions of buying one. :? :evil:

SpaceMonk
10-15-2003, 07:21 PM

I've always gotten BMW loaners. No reminders necessary. Although each time I get one, I ask for an M loaner, and they always just give me a funny look.

Mathew
10-15-2003, 07:23 PM
He refused to let me test drive a z4 unless I had full intentions of buying one. :? :evil:

No more sales for him, eh?

dredmo
10-15-2003, 07:27 PM

No more sales for him, eh?

Not from me, and he even acted like a butthole when we saw him during the 4th of July event this year. We said, hey Dave what's up and he's like: "Oh, hi". Maybe he got fired? :lol:

Nick M3
10-15-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure any of the dealers around here give BMW loaners. :evil: :mad:

TD
10-15-2003, 08:07 PM

Where'd you take it this time?

Nick M3
10-15-2003, 08:39 PM

Where'd you take it this time?

BMW of Sterling. I see no reason not to go with a dealer that actually fixes things. My invoice did not have one single "could not duplicate" on it this time. :thumbup:

clyde
10-15-2003, 08:41 PM

I'm sure that there is at least one. :twisted:

operknockity
10-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Haven't needed a loaner as yet. The dealer has always driven me to my office and picked me up later in the afternoon. However, I know that Beverly Hills BMW does not do loaners, at least to lowly 3er owners. They will rent me a car at "a very good rate", but I have no idea what kind of cars and what "a very good rate" is. I suppose someday I will find out.

And I have no idea what South Bay BMW does, but I'm not keen on taking my car there because of the bad attitude their sales folks and their parts department have shown me (not once, not twice... but 4 times!).

Nick M3
10-15-2003, 08:57 PM
BMW of Sterling absolutely must give loaners if they want business. It's bad enough that it's a 30 mile drive... To make it worse, there is NO public transport anywhere near there. The upshot is that they actually like to fix my car, instead of trying to screw me. It's worth the trip, IMHO.

dredmo
10-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Haven't needed a loaner as yet. The dealer has always driven me to my office and picked me up later in the afternoon. However, I know that Beverly Hills BMW does not do loaners, at least to lowly 3er owners. They will rent me a car at "a very good rate", but I have no idea what kind of cars and what "a very good rate" is. I suppose someday I will find out.

And I have no idea what South Bay BMW does, but I'm not keen on taking my car there because of the bad attitude their sales folks and their parts department have shown me (not once, not twice... but 4 times!). But, BMW loaner is part of my 3 series maintenance program. I have it in OEM writing. :?

Nick M3
10-15-2003, 09:30 PM
But, BMW loaner is part of my 3 series maintenance program. I have it in OEM writing. :?

Hmm.

dredmo
10-15-2003, 09:32 PM
But, BMW loaner is part of my 3 series maintenance program. I have it in OEM writing. :?

Hmm.

I think I do anyways, I will dig up the stuff later on but, I know I do, I think I know, well.. you know. :D

operknockity
10-15-2003, 09:46 PM
If you have it in writing I want to see it! I can also dig out my paperwork and see if there is anything there. But I know that the sales critter at BevHills explicitly said that there was no loaner program, just rentals.

SARAFIL
10-16-2003, 08:17 PM

:?

I dunno what program you have, but it is likely something your dealer promised. BMW has no requirements for loaners, let alone BMW loaners.

And judging from my GM's reaction after he saw the $13,xxx bill to replace the engine in one of our 325i loaners, it's likely we won't be expanding our fleet with any more BMWs any time soon.

dredmo
10-16-2003, 08:22 PM

I dunno what program you have, but it is likely something your dealer promised. BMW has no requirements for loaners, let alone BMW loaners.

And judging from my GM's reaction after he saw the $13,xxx bill to replace the engine in one of our 325i loaners, it's likely we won't be expanding our fleet with any more BMWs any time soon.

You're probably right. I was looking through my paperwork and all I saw was our dealer's promise. I thought differently though.

mquetel
10-17-2003, 10:51 AM

Was that an MT loaner? If so, it was silly to have one of those in the loaner fleet in the first place. :crazy:

nate
10-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Was that an MT loaner? If so, it was silly to have one of those in the loaner fleet in the first place. :crazy:

Why?

There are a lot of people that like to have manual loaners. :(

Momentum has quite a few manual loaners, I hope they keep them.

blee
10-17-2003, 11:39 AM
For the record, BMW of Sterling once had a fleet of BMW loaners. For the most part, they were summarily trashed in very short order. They learned their lesson and now employ an on-site Enterprise office, and they offer "complimentary" loaners for service visits. Figure out just how "complimentary" it is when you look at the total bill. Good thing it's under warranty!

In my limited experience with BMW service departments, BMW of Sterling has been awesome. My only real complaint is that they are now popular to the point where you need to call a few days in advance for an appointment. They are NOT cheap but I've yet to have any problems with their work. I've had to wait an extra day or two for parts to arrive from unforeseen circumstances, but I'd rather do that than get a half-assed repair job.