PDA

View Full Version : Texas: TWS MSC "Wild Card" track event 4/10-11

ayn
03-04-2004, 11:33 PM
I think the NASA ppl cancelled, so the TWS Motorsports Club is doing an event on April 10/11, I'm pretty sure I'll be there.

Make sure you put my name (Andrew Ng) down as your referral if you sign up! ;)

--Andrew

nate
03-05-2004, 11:35 AM
The 11th is easter.

I'll think about it.

ayn
03-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Yes it is!

I might do Saturday only for $150.

--Andrew

nate
03-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Yes it is!that was quick.

beat my edit

nate
03-05-2004, 11:38 AM
$150 for just Saturday?

That sounds like a damn good deal. I don't know if I would want to run on Sunday afternoon anyway...

I need to wear off my R-comps and pads :smile:

ayn
03-05-2004, 11:41 AM
$150 for just Saturday?

That sounds like a damn good deal.

I need to wear off my R-comps :)

Yeah, you can do Saturday-only for all MSC events for $150. or $250 for both days.

If you sign up for more than one weekend, it's cheaper. Check their application form. I'll be there for the May event also, both days.

The consensus is that the MSC events are the best for more experienced drivers (blue solo and above). There are fewer cars, less but still *enough* structure, and more track time! 5 sessions per day if nothing happens. Last weekend a Pantera crashed so I only got 4 sessions on Saturday, but they let the blue group run first on Sunday so I got SIX sessions on Sunday!!

--Andrew

nate
03-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Where is the single day info?

It doesn't even mention an event on April 10/11 yet...

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/mscmail.htm

I don't mind the less structure, I was in Red at the last event....

ayn
03-05-2004, 11:48 AM
It just came up, it's not on the form. They're kindda informal, not like TDE or PCA where you *have* to register by a certain date.

You can just print out the form, write down one-day for $150 for Saturday and they'll take care of it. Oh write down my name also of course! :)

You can even just show up with $150 cash in hand and register on the spot. I'd recommend getting your car tech'ed before the event tho, so u won't waste time there. I'm in Blue and it runs last so I usually don't have to be there til like 9. :)

--Andrew

nate
03-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Heh, showing up sounds like a good plan :smile:

What time does red/yellow run?

I'll think about it an e-mail them if I decide to go. It sounds like a good idea though....

ayn
03-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Last Saturday I drove with a few other ppl from Austin that morning and one guy was half an hour late, so we were a lil late getting there. I saw a white M3 pulled up, and Jack Turner asked the guy what his name was and he said "Steve Medina", I was like, cool! that's him! :)

He just paid $150 cash right there and did one-day.

oh and GARAGES are free at MSC events, another reason why I like these more than PCA. I still have to try TDE some time.

--Andrew

dan
03-05-2004, 11:52 AM
I'd rather watch the Masters (in HDTV of course) :P

nate
03-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Steve goes to every event, I think.

TWS is a long way from Corpus Christi though...

Free garages too...sounds like a nice deal...

ayn
03-05-2004, 11:54 AM

I'll think about it an e-mail them if I decide to go. It sounds like a good idea though....

I'll have to dig up the schedule for last weekend, I'll post the approx run group times here when I get home. There is no red group in MSC, I think it's Green, Blue, White, and Yellow. They don't have a group for just instructors. You should be in Yellow or White. And they are very good in bumping u up if you're passing too many cars out there! :)

--Andrew

nate
03-05-2004, 11:55 AM
I'd rather watch the Masters (in HDTV of course) :P

I'd much rather go to the Masters.

My dad turned down tickets again this year :?

And, you can still watch the Sunday round...

nate
03-05-2004, 11:55 AM

I'll have to dig up the schedule for last weekend, I'll post the approx run group times here when I get home. There is no red group in MSC, I think it's Green, Blue, White, and Yellow. They don't have a group for just instructors. You should be in Yellow or White. And they are very good in bumping u up if you're passing too many cars out there! :)

--Andrew

My car is really slow, so I won't be passing too many people....

ayn
03-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Jimmy and I will be there, anybody else? ;)

JST
03-16-2004, 04:37 PM

--Andrew

Will there be any E21s there? You should watch out for those.

TD
03-16-2004, 05:05 PM

--Andrew

ROFL

nate
03-16-2004, 05:39 PM

Well, I have not yet been on the track with one.

I am sure that a bone stock E21 would be much faster, probably faster than an E46 M3 too. It is lighter, ya know.

Lartymarf
03-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Hey ATY,

You going to track with us? C'mon! Bring the Mini, it'll be fun. And Safe. We can watch replay of Masters, assuming we don't hear news on who won. :lol:

Sigh, I know you won't come with us. Why won't you play with us?

dan
03-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Masters + Easter weekend = no go

Lartymarf
03-25-2004, 04:02 PM

Easter weekend I can understand.

I'm a golf fanatic too, but Masters can be video taped!

Okay, sum oda time.

dan
03-25-2004, 04:05 PM

Okay, sum oda time.

nope...The Masters is a "Tradition Unlike Any Other"™ :D

really...it's my absolute favorite sporting event to watch every year.

Lartymarf
03-25-2004, 05:31 PM

Okay, sum oda time.

nope...The Masters is a "Tradition Unlike Any Other"™ :D

really...it's my absolute favorite sporting event to watch every year.

I hear you. I love watching golf, but leaning more towards track event if I had to choose.

Hey no more excuses next time hehe. Ayn and I will drive to your house and ring your doorbell until you come out!

ayn
03-29-2004, 02:41 PM
FYI, this event has been cancelled:

================================================== ======

Subject: Apr 10-11 Motorsports Club CANCELLATION

Motorsports Clubbers- We regret that we are forced to cancel the
April 10-11 TWS Motorsports Club. We are no where near the numbers
necessary to make the event successful. Short notice and the fact
that it falls on Easter weekend contributed to the short fall in
numbers. So, have a nice weekend with family and get your apps in
for the May 15-16 event. Any questions give me a call. Rusty Rush
TWS 979/690-2500

SUCKS!

I'll be in the May event, like I had originally planned.

--Andrew

nate
03-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Ahhhh...

I was actually going to go.

Lartymarf
03-29-2004, 02:49 PM
FYI, this event has been cancelled:

SUCKS!

I'll be in the May event, like I had originally planned.

--Andrew

Ya this truely sucks. I need to hit the track, or else my negative ricer amount of camber is going to ruin my tires.

ayn
03-29-2004, 02:56 PM
that's why u have adjustable camber plates man, move them back to -1.5! ;) I guess that would mess up your toe or whatever huh?

--Andrew

Lartymarf
03-29-2004, 03:06 PM
that's why u have adjustable camber plates man, move them back to -1.5! ;) I guess that would mess up your toe or whatever huh?

--Andrew

From what I've gathered, a lot of people set their TOE to 0, and camber to -1.5. When adjusting to more neg camber, one will get more TOE out. They have found that if they go from -1.5 to -2.5, they will actually get something around 1/16 TOE out total, which makes for a more nimble handling car that will be more willing to turn since you have toe out. Perfect for track setting.

If I go from -2.5 to -1.5 right now, I'll get more toe IN, and more TOE in either direction accounts for more tire wear as compared to the effects more negative camber can have on the tires. Heh.

I guess I'll leave my car the way it is now... maybe have the front suspension adjusted when it's on the alignment rack if I decide to get aftermarket rear lower control arms.

So far, the tire wear looks pretty good with -2.5. Bill decreased my toe in, so that should help me get more even tire wear.