PDA

View Full Version : What the best venue to sell a car these days?

wdc330i
02-08-2017, 02:58 PM
I see Bimmerfest has gone over to Panjo--which seems annoying.

I've always had the best luck on this site and on Autotrader. I'm not sure I want to deal with eBay.

Any advice, thoughts?

I'm waiting for my Autotrader ad to go live, and then I will of course post a link here to share with anyone you think might be interested in our E91 wagon.

Jeff_DML
02-08-2017, 04:44 PM
BMWCCA if you are a member

jpgurl
02-08-2017, 05:24 PM
cars.com

JST
02-08-2017, 05:33 PM
BMWCCA if you are a member

I second CCA, especially for a wagon. Wagon's have a limited but passionate audience nationwide, and you're much more likely to find a buyer willing to pay what it's worth than through more general sites.

The buyer for my E61 came to me from California, via CCA.

Jeff_DML
02-08-2017, 05:54 PM
I second CCA, especially for a wagon. Wagon's have a limited but passionate audience nationwide, and you're much more likely to find a buyer willing to pay what it's worth than through more general sites.

The buyer for my E61 came to me from California, via CCA.

especially when people consider a wagon looking wise is equivalent to a minivan :rolleyes:

:D

wdc330i
02-08-2017, 06:31 PM
especially when people consider a wagon looking wise is equivalent to a minivan :rolleyes:

:D

I happen to think the E91 looks better than the sedan.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am a CCA member, so that makes good sense.

rumatt
02-08-2017, 07:27 PM
You're wagon is an auto, right?

wdc330i
02-08-2017, 10:01 PM
You're wagon is an auto, right?

Yep.

Sharp11
02-09-2017, 01:09 AM
I see Bimmerfest has gone over to Panjo--which seems annoying.

I've always had the best luck on this site and on Autotrader. I'm not sure I want to deal with eBay.

Any advice, thoughts?

I'm waiting for my Autotrader ad to go live, and then I will of course post a link here to share with anyone you think might be interested in our E91 wagon.

I would imagine dedicated BMW buyers check all the major resources: cars.com, autotrader, bmwcca, craigslist, etc.

rumatt
02-09-2017, 07:52 AM
When I was looking I still found the most hits on autotrader. I'm only one data point but if I have time to search only one site I usually pick that one.

The site most pleasant to use was cargurus.com

wdc330i
02-09-2017, 08:33 AM
I would imagine dedicated BMW buyers check all the major resources: cars.com, autotrader, bmwcca, craigslist, etc.

That sounds about right to me. It's certainly what I would do.

When I was looking I still found the most hits on autotrader. I'm only one data point but if I have time to search only one site I usually pick that one.

The site most pleasant to use was cargurus.com

I've never used cargurus. But I've found the same thing with Autotrader that you have. Best, most relevant hits, and a search function that works decently well.

I have an aversion to Craig's List. Especially in ATL, it seems populated by really gnarly looking cars.

lupinsea
02-09-2017, 01:41 PM
I don't know about selling, but as a buyer I find I greatly prefer the Autotrader search system. Way more than, say, craigslist. Also, when I've posted to craigslist, hm, well, I've certainly gotten responses in the past but everyone is looking for a cut rate deal because it's craigslist.

Now it's so choked up with dealer postings and all sorts of stuff.