PDA

View Full Version : E91 Wagon info

Pinecone
08-21-2016, 07:47 AM
A friend's son is looking at an E91 wagon. 2006, 120K miles. Not much maintenance history, 3rd owner.

Anything he should look for in particular? Any issues he should be aware of?

Thanks.

wdc330i
08-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Hmm. That sounds like a pretty poor bet. First model year, I think. Lesser HP engine. Lots of owners. Bad airbags. Tons of miles. I'd look for something newer and lower mileage without the BMW premium, myself. Not just the premium upfront, but of course the premium maintenance costs as well.

I love my E91, but not enough to buy something that tired, even if budget constrained.

FC
08-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Hmm. That sounds like a pretty poor bet. First model year, I think. Lesser HP engine. Lots of owners. Bad airbags. Tons of miles. I'd look for something newer and lower mileage without the BMW premium, myself. Not just the premium upfront, but of course the premium maintenance costs as well.

I love my E91, but not enough to buy something that tired, even if budget constrained.

Agreed.

bren
08-21-2016, 07:22 PM
Tough crowd. 120k miles means it's on a death march.:lol:

I don't know anything about the e90, but I'd expect all the same issues as an e46. Coolant system, window regulators, and all sorts of rubber/plastic hoses and lines.

FC
08-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Tough crowd. 120k miles means it's on a death march.:lol:

I don't know anything about the e90, but I'd expect all the same issues as an e46. Coolant system, window regulators, and all sorts of rubber/plastic hoses and lines.

120k miles on its own with a reasonable repairs war chest might be ok. But couple that with a 1st year car and unknown history from multiple owners and I'd have to be getting a smoking deal.