PDA

View Full Version : I just registered....

lip277
07-11-2016, 01:27 AM
for Monterey Car Weekend...

Legends of the Autobahn, Festorics (100 year anniv of BMW) and BMW Oktoberfest.

Still to come - The Concours at Pebble and the myriad of auctions.

I'll be staying with family there - so, no hotel bills. :)

And... I'll be driving down the coast (I think) - albeit not as entertainly as Lup did recently. :)
I will take the E38. While I would LOVE to take the E9, it has some major issues and needs help. It's ok for local stuff, but... not like this.

There is SO much going on in Monterey over that two week period that I had to build a spreadsheet to keep track of it all.

More to follow....

ZBB
07-11-2016, 07:39 AM
Enjoy!

I realized yesterday that I last went 11 years ago... Just did the Concours and some auctions on Sat.

Would love to go again, but probably not this year.

kognito
07-11-2016, 08:52 AM
and you have a new camera to take plenty of pictures!

Safe travels!

Jeff_DML
07-11-2016, 10:59 AM
nice, been tempted to go too

lip277
07-11-2016, 12:17 PM
I used to go all the time when I lived there...
Back then you could go to the races on Sunday morning and pop over to Pebble to see the fancy cars. That was 1987 or 1988 or so...

NOT anymore. Unless you have a helicopter or jet pack.

There is just so much going on that there are double or triple booked on most days (for example - Friday is both Legends and Werks).

Oh well - no bad choices to make. Just see what I can and save the rest for next year.

ZBB
07-11-2016, 12:36 PM
I just noticed the prices to the Concours have gone waaaay up... I think in '05 it was ~$150 or $175/ticket. Now its $325 for general admission...

Also, if you can only make it to one auction, go to Gooding. RM will be a close second...