PDA

View Full Version : 986/996/987/997 items

equ
05-04-2016, 06:51 PM
- emergency spare wheel/tire that will fit all 996/986/987/997's. I kept it in the "frunk" for my 987.1, 997.2 and 987.2. It's never been used. Tire is old, definitely from a 986/996 but it's never been used. I might have mounted it once for a test fit. Diameter is a touch small, but close enough to be able to mount it up front. If you have a rear flat, you move a front to the rear and put this on the front. The 981/991 have another inch added to the diameter so it definitely does not fit. No longer for sale.

- colored wheel crests. If your car doesn't have this option, this tiny bit of bling does set it off nicely. $80

- 987 specific sunshade. I suspect it'll fit 986's. It definitely doesn't fit the bigger windshield of the 981. Gone.

- tow hook license plate holder. Slight crack in the plastic though still perfectly functional as the plate adds structure as well. Free to whoever wants it. Yes, 981/991 tow threads are different. Gone.

John V
05-04-2016, 08:51 PM
I'd like the sunshade and the tow hook plate holder. Paypal?

ZBB
05-04-2016, 09:12 PM
FWIW, I have a set of black floor mats and clear side marker lights available if anyone wants them -- both are OEM should fit any 987 or 997.

The black mats were what I used (my car had a special order interior with matching tan mats that I was scared of ruining -- but I put the originals back in when I sold…)

equ
05-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Jv takes the sunshade & the tow hook plate that I'm sure he'll get back into better shape.

Alan
05-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Just curious do you plan to get a spare for the new car ?

equ
05-04-2016, 10:10 PM
I'd love to but cannot spend $1G. What did you do? Do you have one for the 991S? Is that car going off-lease soon? ;)

Alan
05-04-2016, 10:28 PM
I'd love to but cannot spend $1G. What did you do? Do you have one for the 991S? Is that car going off-lease soon? ;)

I own the 911 and it just passed 4 yrs old so I coughed up ridiculous money (around $5k) and bought the extended warranty, yesterday the car hit 11k miles ...

As far as the spare I have one for the 911 ... I think I paid around $1k for it second hand ... Suncoast sells it for $1450 plus shipping so I think the price I paid was pretty decent ...

Once I had gotten a flat in the Porsche that went from full to empty in a few minutes and got lucky I was near a relatives house so after that it kind of worried me into getting one. Here is a link I posted on 6speedonline with pics of it on the car (post#35) ... Pretty ugly :ack:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/298701-emergency-spare-tire-991-a.html#post4449338

Btw I did have the spare for the 997 that I think was the same one you're selling.

equ
05-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Wait, let me understand this... Do you think a spare from a 996 turbo can work on a 981/991? If so, I should keep mine. I thought it would be way too short, even for the front. Just measured it, comes out to 25". Calculation of 105/90-17 yields 24.5".

The 981/991 front is 26.5". Or do you have the collapsible one?

equ
05-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Your 185/60-17 spare comes out to 25.7" in diameter, so I guess that's close enough to the front size. I still wouldn't put it on the rear, you'll need to move a front tire to the back, just as I would have had to if I'd ever used the 986/996 spare on the 987/997.

Of course, by carrying the spare, I guaranteed myself out of a flat. :)

Alan
05-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Wait, let me understand this... Do you think a spare from a 996 turbo can work on a 981/991? If so, I should keep mine. I thought it would be way too short, even for the front. Just measured it, comes out to 25". The 981/991 front is 26.5". Or do you have the collapsible one?

Mine is collapsible, I did a test run on it and it worked well without setting off any nannies ... I'm not sure of the measurements but if one day you want to drive over to Long Island we can give it a test fit and drive on your car.

I remember trying to put the spare on the 991 from the 997 I had and when I tightened the lugs the wheel would not spin at all ... Pretty sure it was up against the calipers if I remember correctly.

Jeff_DML
05-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Wait, let me understand this... Do you think a spare from a 996 turbo can work on a 981/991? If so, I should keep mine. I thought it would be way too short, even for the front. Just measured it, comes out to 25". Calculation of 105/90-17 yields 24.5".

The 981/991 front is 26.5". Or do you have the collapsible one?

my turbo spare doesn’t look like that, it seems to be collapsed like AF mentioned.

I am up for the front plate holder if JV backs out:)

John V
05-05-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm definitely not backing out - two years with no front plate on this car is probably pushing my luck, even though I never run across any police around here. I just had a hard time paying money to ugly up the front of the car :)

equ
05-05-2016, 01:58 PM
I shipped them this morning. So not even possible :).

wdc330i
05-05-2016, 03:45 PM
I'm definitely not backing out - two years with no front plate on this car is probably pushing my luck, even though I never run across any police around here. I just had a hard time paying money to ugly up the front of the car :)

One nice thing about Georgia: No front license plate. Because we ordered the new X5 here, they didn't drill holes in the front to put that hunk of plastic on that holds the plate.

zach
05-05-2016, 03:53 PM
One nice thing about Georgia: No front license plate. Because we ordered the new X5 here, they didn't drill holes in the front to put that hunk of plastic on that holds the plate.

Did you get it yet?

wdc330i
05-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Did you get it yet?

Yep. Spouse loves it. LOVES it. But I've only driven it once. Hence, no reviews.

zach
05-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Yep. Spouse loves it. LOVES it. But I've only driven it once. Hence, no reviews.

Awesome. I look forward to an eventual review. I thought I had found a nice 2015 CPO X5 50i in Indianapolis the other day, but it turns out it has a bunch of aftermarket shit on it so I passed. Still looking.

Sorry for the hijack!

wdc330i
05-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Awesome. I look forward to an eventual review. I thought I had found a nice 2015 CPO X5 50i in Indianapolis the other day, but it turns out it has a bunch of aftermarket shit on it so I passed. Still looking.

Sorry for the hijack!

Woof. Good luck with the hunt. Sorry, Equ!

clyde
05-05-2016, 09:31 PM

I still can't believe I never had an issue in three years of no front tag on the RX-8, even spending two years all stickered up, little borla muffler and most of it with a yellow front bumper that basically screamed, "Hey, Johnny Law, lookie here! No front tag! Whatchagonnado?"

Terri Kennedy
05-06-2016, 12:12 AM
I still can't believe I never had an issue in three years of no front tag on the RX-8, even spending two years all stickered up, little borla muffler and most of it with a yellow front bumper that basically screamed, "Hey, Johnny Law, lookie here! No front tag! Whatchagonnado?"
In 7+ years, 34K+ miles, through most states in the continental US, I was pulled over twice* in the Atom. Once was outside LA, because it had an Oregon temp tag on it (it was on my first trip), and apparently there (is/was) no interstate lookup for temp tags. At least that's what they said - I think they just wanted to see what it was and chat for a while. After about 15 minutes, their dispatcher called and yelled at them to wrap it up because traffic was backing up from rubbernecking. The second time was in Butler, NJ when the cop (a kid less than half my age) mis-read the plate. By the time he got out of his car and walked up to me, he was all "I'm sorry, sir - I shouldn't have pulled you over. My mistake. Have a good day." And the Atom pretty much defines "look at me", particularly when I left the numbers and other stickers on it for the last few years.

* There was another time that doesn't count, as I was already sitting still (in front of the Empire State Building) - a rotund NYC cop showed up and tried to give me a hard time, but I weirded him out by going "No, thank you" every time he said "License, insurance, and registration". He finally told me to take off or he'd claim I was causing a security incident.

http://www.atomacrossamerica.org/6F5S5567-s.jpg

rumatt
05-06-2016, 01:28 AM
a rotund NYC cop showed up and tried to give me a hard time, but I weirded him out by going "No, thank you" every time he said "License, insurance, and registration". He finally told me to take off
No f*cking way. :lol:

John V
05-06-2016, 06:02 AM

I'm pretty sure the instant I drive into Virginia I'm going to get pulled over for it. :lol:

clyde
05-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Once was outside LA, because it had an Oregon temp tag on it (it was on my first trip), and apparently there (is/was) no interstate lookup for temp tags.

If that was the claim, the cop was lying to you.

I'm pretty sure the instant I drive into Virginia I'm going to get pulled over for it. :lol:

It would be funny it it wasn't true.

Sharp11
05-06-2016, 11:00 AM

Cops can lie legally, I never knew that until recently.

equ
05-06-2016, 12:48 PM
I must have been lucky. I crossed Virginia twice when I swapped my 997.2 for the 987.2S. While I was not flying flying, definitely some porsche speeds and 25 over were attained. I had no idea about the reckless/prison scare stories at the time. What do I know about Virginia?

Terri Kennedy
05-06-2016, 07:06 PM
This was nearly 10 years ago, and the Oregon DMV office pulled out what looked like a very worn phone book, flipped to a page, and hand-wrote numbers on a blank temp tag with a marker. And then threw it out because they copied the number wrong. They then made a second one and then crossed something out in their phone book. Before they started, they asked me if I was an Oregon resident or would be taking it out-of-state. They asked for (and got) a brief look at my driver's license and the temp insurance card matching the Atom's VIN to make sure they were valid.

These days, with laser-printed temp tags, I can believe things are more organized.

clyde
05-06-2016, 10:18 PM
This was nearly 10 years ago, and the Oregon DMV office pulled out what looked like a very worn phone book, flipped to a page, and hand-wrote numbers on a blank temp tag with a marker. And then threw it out because they copied the number wrong. They then made a second one and then crossed something out in their phone book. Before they started, they asked me if I was an Oregon resident or would be taking it out-of-state. They asked for (and got) a brief look at my driver's license and the temp insurance card matching the Atom's VIN to make sure they were valid.

These days, with laser-printed temp tags, I can believe things are more organized.

I had a vehicle based discussion with California law enforcement in 1989 while driving a car with temporary MD tags.

As you said, the cop may have just wanted to check out the car. :dunno:

equ
10-14-2016, 10:32 AM
I can move the silver wheel crests. My car's wheels are gray/dark gray, price dropped to $80.

I'm keeping the spare for now.

ZBB
10-14-2016, 01:25 PM
FWIW, I have a set of black floor mats and clear side marker lights available if anyone wants them -- both are OEM should fit any 987 or 997.

The black mats were what I used (my car had a special order interior with matching tan mats that I was scared of ruining -- but I put the originals back in when I sold…)

Just quoting my earlier post -- if anyone wants these, let me know...

John V
10-14-2016, 01:27 PM
I'll take them. Let me know what you want for them.

John V
10-27-2016, 06:57 AM
....... still interested.