PDA

View Full Version : Track season prep

Doug
02-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Car got inspected (and passed) yesterday. All fluids were changed. New RA-1s are going on the BBS RCs. Next weekend I'll crank in the track settings on the suspension. We are ready to rock and roll on the 22nd!!

scottn2retro
02-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Car got inspected (and passed) yesterday. All fluids were changed. New RA-1s are going on the BBS RCs. Next weekend I'll crank in the track settings on the suspension. We are ready to rock and roll on the 22nd!!

Hey, what you running in? Fill me in - track school or racing? I know I've been OTL. Been getting our car ready.

We run our first race on March 6/7 at California Speedway.

Doug
02-26-2004, 02:29 PM
The are just driving events, lapping sessions, with the local race school not real racing.

ayn
02-26-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm ready for this weekend, I still need to rotate the rear wheels to the front coz they're gonna be gone soon... :)

I was surprised that the clutch was the dirtiest of the 5 when I flushed my brake fluid last weekend... I guess we use that a lot more often than the brakes. I definitely feel firmer clutch, but brakes are about the same as before the flush.

--Andrew

scottn2retro
02-26-2004, 04:47 PM
We're getting close to being ready for March 6/7:

For whatever reason, NASA mandates no window net older than 2 years (?) :roll: So had to order one of those.

Got a bent wheel getting fixed and 4 caliper rebuild kits on order. :(

clyde
02-26-2004, 06:31 PM
The last of my second set of wheels arrived today (slightly rashed and scratched but very cheap OEM wheels). My daughter helped unpack.

http://clydeorama.com/albums/album02/DSC_1999.jpg

Now to find some Hoosiers A3S04s to put on them.

scottn2retro
03-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Oh hell - HACK can verify this story.

I don't who or how the hell the rear brake lines were put on the car, but they are on there but good.

Working on the right rear with the flange wrench and hammer - gave it a good wack - wrench moved. Okay, loose. Go to tighten back up - hmmm . . . still loose. I see something dripping on the floor, so I look and the nut, wrench and hose end are dangling loose. The fitting broke off in the caliper! :shock:

HACK takes it to Imad's shop (European Motor Works) and in trying to get it out, broke off the tap out tool in the caliper :(

So now in a scramble to get a caliper and somehow get the other end of the brake line off and get the car put together for Sat. :cry:

Yet again, I have managed to out-hack the HACK :evil:

Doug
03-02-2004, 04:19 PM
when I replaced my rubber lines with SS ones I had a hard time. Finally took it to a shop that had some fancy Snap-On flare nut wrenches that got them loose.

The HACK
03-02-2004, 05:41 PM

I don't who or how the hell the rear brake lines were put on the car, but they are on there but good.

Working on the right rear with the flange wrench and hammer - gave it a good wack - wrench moved. Okay, loose. Go to tighten back up - hmmm . . . still loose. I see something dripping on the floor, so I look and the nut, wrench and hose end are dangling loose. The fitting broke off in the caliper! :shock:

HACK takes it to Imad's shop (European Motor Works) and in trying to get it out, broke off the tap out tool in the caliper :(

So now in a scramble to get a caliper and somehow get the other end of the brake line off and get the car put together for Sat. :cry:

I told you. The calipers from the M-Roady will fit. :lol:

scottn2retro
03-04-2004, 02:36 PM

I told you. The calipers from the M-Roady will fit. :lol:

Imad offered some e46 M3 rear calipers. :smile: About the same size caliper (but can take a little bigger pads) - but technically not legal :D

Picked up a new (used) caliper from Imad (that he was nice enough to thoroughly clean and rebuild) and working with Ralph, brake system is whole again - verified by a quick pad bed in run on PCH :smile: