PDA

View Full Version : porsche forums

Jeff_DML
03-11-2016, 03:19 PM
rennlist and 6speedonline, any other decent forums?

rennlist seems like the more mature crowd vs 6 speed is more about modding?

TIA
jeff

bren
03-11-2016, 03:32 PM
It seems like those are your best bet for your car. Let me know if you find anything better. :)

jpgurl
03-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Planet 9 (http://www.planet-9.com/forum.php)

ZBB
03-11-2016, 05:12 PM
I used both Rennlist and Planet 9 when I had my Boxster. Wasn't very active in the forums -- but mostly used them for DIY info.

Speaking of which, some of the 996/986 and 997.1/987.1 electronics are nearly identical (especially behind-the scenes -- only the face panels were different.

I still have both of the Bluetooth kits I used in my Boxster. The 2nd kit in particular was a Parrot Mki 9100, and was really good (and had Bluetooth A2DP for playing music/podcasts in the car). My Boxster had the digital inputs, so I had to get an analog to digital input -- if your car has the digital circuit, that may work in your car. Let me know if you want either the BT kit and/or the digital adapter. Although, if I was doing that upgrade now, I would just get a CarPlay-compliant head unit instead (although if you have the digital circuit, that might mean also replacing the amp...).

Jeff_DML
03-11-2016, 05:18 PM
I used both Rennlist and Planet 9 when I had my Boxster. Wasn't very active in the forums -- but mostly used them for DIY info.

Speaking of which, some of the 996/986 and 997.1/987.1 electronics are nearly identical (especially behind-the scenes -- only the face panels were different.

I still have both of the Bluetooth kits I used in my Boxster. The 2nd kit in particular was a Parrot Mki 9100, and was really good (and had Bluetooth A2DP for playing music/podcasts in the car). My Boxster had the digital inputs, so I had to get an analog to digital input -- if your car has the digital circuit, that may work in your car. Let me know if you want either the BT kit and/or the digital adapter. Although, if I was doing that upgrade now, I would just get a CarPlay-compliant head unit instead (although if you have the digital circuit, that might mean also replacing the amp...).

thanks for the offer, mine is the old analog interface as far as understand. Looks like I can add a aux input in pretty easily.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LBGCB6?colid=1K5X28ZHSELG1&coliid=IZU0XQYU5T4XG&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

I have a newer head unit in my e36 with bluetooth. Actually works pretty well but not sure if worth the effort since I don’t drive much.

ZBB
03-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Yeah -- the analog units are much easier to deal with...

Keep the Parrot in mind -- its just sitting in my garage...

Jeff_DML
03-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Yeah -- the analog units are much easier to deal with...

Keep the Parrot in mind -- its just sitting in my garage...

John V
03-12-2016, 08:11 AM
All of the Porsche forums kind of suck.

equ
03-12-2016, 06:46 PM
All of the Porsche forums kind of suck.

+1.

Planet-9 used to be cayman club or some such thing and suffered from heavy handed censoring moderation. Rennlist is a bit more free-wheeling though with many ballers and crusty old "real porsche" types, but still likely the best. 6-speed, I don't even know what to say, very low information content.

Alan
03-13-2016, 10:59 AM
rennlist and 6speedonline, any other decent forums?

rennlist seems like the more mature crowd vs 6 speed is more about modding?

TIA
jeff

Those are the 2 I go to :thumbup:

Jeff_DML
03-24-2016, 03:33 PM
PCA so far seems to put the BMWCCA to shame. A lot of events and their magazine magazine is better.

clyde
03-25-2016, 06:33 PM
PCA so far seems to put the BMWCCA to shame. A lot of events and their magazine magazine is better.

"Porsche Club of America. There is no substitute."

Sorry. It had to be done.

bren
03-25-2016, 06:45 PM
I would imagine that's a locality thing.

Both clubs are actually pretty active around here.