PDA

View Full Version : Winter Driving

nate
11-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Um, wow.

hvhRHiskRIc

Sharp11
11-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Stupid music choice - in the business, we'd call that track a "positive outcome" cue.
Something you'd use under a profile segment on someone who's overcome the odds or has learned some valuable life lesson.

Interesting vid though - I always wonder what the anatomy of these kinds of wrecks are; do people try to slow down too fast, or are they fixated on the scene and therefore drive right into it???

Curious.

Nick M3
11-11-2015, 02:57 PM
That there is a good example of a situation is which a road closure is called for.

clyde
11-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Stupid music choice - in the business, we'd call that track a "positive outcome" cue.
Something you'd use under a profile segment on someone who's overcome the odds or has learned some valuable life lesson.

How did you feel when the Kaiser stole your word for twenty and you had to say "dickity" instead?

:dunno:

Interesting vid though - I always wonder what the anatomy of these kinds of wrecks are; do people try to slow down too fast, or are they fixated on the scene and therefore drive right into it???

Curious.

A Camry driver looks up from his or her phone andsuddenly slows to a ridiculous speed right in front of a vehicle that can't slow that quickly and everything goes boom.

clyde
11-11-2015, 05:09 PM
That there is a good example of a situation is which a road closure is called for.

While I don't disagree, I'm not sure who is supposed to do that or when. In the first few minutes when all the crashes were happening, the two cops on scene looked like they were trying to find people that needed help and summon additional aid. It looked like things had stabilized enough by the time the ambulance arrived 12 minutes after the rig hit the car, but if they had, how long would it have taken the ambulance to arrive? Hard to believe it wouldn't have been further delayed by the stopped traffic and probably additional crashes that would result. Maybe send the ambulance from the other direction? But what if it's an extra 30 miles, being Montana after all?

rumatt
11-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Holy shit.

FC
11-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Wow.

Also, awful music.

blee
11-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Yeah, the music selection was rather weird. The footage, however...holy crap! All of that happened in about 12 minutes. I am doubly surprised to see that unconscious woman start to move around; she looked way dead.