PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2007 911 Turbo

FC
09-18-2015, 08:28 AM
2007 (Fall 2006 build) 997TT, 6MT, bone stock.
Mileage: 92,350
Slate gray on black.
As I am sure you know, all TT's are pretty loaded (Xenons, sunroof, pwr & heated seats, full leather, Nav, Bose, PASM, etc)

Options:
-Sport Chrono (extra torque on TT and a must have)
-Carbon fiber trim (sills, dash, shifter, e-brake)
-exterior paint match on door handles and lower center console
-Adaptive seats
-Sport steering wheel
-Factory short shift kit
-Crest embossed on seats

Other:
-Full service history. All receipts since I took ownership (~3 years ago).
-I'm the 3rd owner and was a coworker of the 2nd owner.
-Almost all highway miles for first 6 years/85k miles.
-Car has Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with ~7k miles
-Spark plugs done 7k miles ago ($$$)
-Major service done ~1k miles ago (air/cabin/oil/fuel filters, serpentine belt, oil change). All service with factory Porsche parts.
-Will perform brake flush before sale (w/ factory fluid).
-Clutch in great shape (by feel).
-TPMS is out of batteries. Little by little each died right after tires were installed. A check with Durametric shows no errors, just no batteries on wheel sensors.
-Car has an exceptionally clean service/repair history.
-No accidents, non-smoking car, no dents (that I can tell - and I just did a full detail).
-Cosmetically in good shape, especially considering mileage.
-Mechanically in very good shape.
-Car serviced by dealer until Jan 2013 & ~86K miles. Thereafter by highly reputable Porsche mechanic, and myself on basic maintenance.
-Car has been pampered. Never tracked. Always garaged, driven only when dry, and always properly warmed up and cooled down. Driven very gently, all things considered, besides straight-line accelerations here and there.

Asking $51,900.

Interior photos coming in the next two days.

John V
09-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Forwarded to some friends at work.

If you want me to post it on another enthusiast board I'd be happy to. Lots of Porsche lovers there.

FC
09-18-2015, 08:57 AM

If you want me to post it on another enthusiast board I'd be happy to. Lots of Porsche lovers there.

That would be great. Thanks.

John V
09-18-2015, 09:15 AM
That would be great. Thanks.

OK, let me know what e-mail address you want me to put in there. Oh, and you probably want to include the current odometer reading.

FC
09-18-2015, 09:26 AM
OK, let me know what e-mail address you want me to put in there. Oh, and you probably want to include the current odometer reading.

Dammit. Can't believe I missed that.

Right now it reads 92,208 miles.

email: mbr129@yahoo.com

clyde
09-18-2015, 11:25 AM

Sandbox?

John V
09-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Yah. I've had great luck selling stuff there.

Alan
09-18-2015, 10:02 PM
If you want to sell it fast I'd put it on eBay. I've sold so many of my cars on there ... The last one was the NSX, sold the 650i, etc. it will be sold in a week especially at the price you want.

If you decide to do it let me know I'll give you some great tips that will help sell it quickly.

FC
09-18-2015, 10:20 PM
If you want to sell it fast I'd put it on eBay. I've sold so many of my cars on there ... The last one was the NSX, sold the 650i, etc. it will be sold in a week especially at the price you want.

If you decide to do it let me know I'll give you some great tips that will help sell it quickly.

I don't need the money urgently, but I have no desire to have the car for sale any loner than it has to.

I had not thought of ebay. I was planning on taking photos of the interior and placing an Autotrader ad.

equ
09-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Have you thought of pca.org if you're a member? Great car, btw, not sure I'm on board with your selling it, but you always have some kind of logic (like mine :)).

Alan
09-19-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't need the money urgently, but I have no desire to have the car for sale any loner than it has to.

I had not thought of ebay. I was planning on taking photos of the interior and placing an Autotrader ad.

The thing about eBay that I like is that the car is sold nice and quick and most of the time it is a deal where you never meet the buyer, you put it up on the auction, disclose EVERYTHING so there are no surprises, it sells, you get paid and it gets picked up by a trucker (90% of the time) ... Done !!

I know I'm a little different than most because once I decide to sell a car I want it gone so I usually set a good price for the car.

Your price is very good so it is no doubt you set the ad up right and the car will sell quickly ... Basically Here we are a week later and your car is sold.

Autotrader is a waiting game ... Put the ad up and hope you get some bites .. btw not knocking autotrader I found the R8 on there

FC
09-19-2015, 08:46 PM
The thing about eBay that I like is that the car is sold nice and quick and most of the time it is a deal where you never meet the buyer, you put it up on the auction, disclose EVERYTHING so there are no surprises, it sells, you get paid and it gets picked up by a trucker (90% of the time) ... Done !!

I know I'm a little different than most because once I decide to sell a car I want it gone so I usually set a good price for the car.

Your price is very good so it is no doubt you set the ad up right and the car will sell quickly ... Basically Here we are a week later and your car is sold.

Autotrader is a waiting game ... Put the ad up and hope you get some bites .. btw not knocking autotrader I found the R8 on there

I've sold most of my cars through autotrader, but yeah it can be a PITA. Robocalls, crazy offers, etc.

I do dread the prospect of people requesting inspections. Frankly, I've never had to deal with that. Most cars I sold still had some sort of warranty. I'm not even sure how to handle that. Am I supposed to spend hours of my time bringing a car to get checked out without a non-refundable deposit?

To that end, you are right, ebay may be the best route.

JST
09-19-2015, 11:12 PM
I did an inspection on the 535iT. Told the buyer that he should pick the shop and pay for it. I took the car over; was relatively painless. Had to take a couple of hours off work but NBD.

bren
09-19-2015, 11:29 PM
I would expect to go through inspections when trying to sell a 90k+ mile car for $60k.

FC
09-20-2015, 08:12 AM
I would expect to go through inspections when trying to sell a 90k+ mile car for $60k.

I know. I just don't look forward to it.

kognito
09-20-2015, 12:23 PM
take it to Carmax and become a blog writer for Jalopnik? :dunno::D

Jeff_DML
09-20-2015, 12:46 PM
take it to Carmax and become a blog writer for Jalopnik? :dunno::D

Actually he should take it there to see what they offer him. Especially since he sounds like he doesn't want to deal with people wanting to buy it. You have a week to decide on the offer so he can determine what kind of interest he is getting before deciding.

Josh (PA)
09-20-2015, 01:02 PM
I know. I just don't look forward to it.

Might be best/easiest to take it to your local Porsche Dealer and have them do a PPI w/ write up. This way you get it done on your time and can provide it to any perspective buyer pre-emptively.

Edit: Awesome car, BTW. I'm sure it will sell quickly. With the 911 marketplace the way it is, you might want to bump the price up a bit before mass advertising it. It is always easier to negotiate if you have room above your target.

I assume it is listed on Rennlist, PCA and the other major Porsche message boards. With cars like this that have an enthusiast following, I've had great luck selling quickly on boards alone (my e36 M3 and e39 M5 recently). I've found Autotrader to not be very useful for niche vehicles.

FC
09-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Might be best/easiest to take it to your local Porsche Dealer and have them do a PPI w/ write up. This way you get it done on your time and can provide it to any perspective buyer pre-emptively.

Edit: Awesome car, BTW. I'm sure it will sell quickly. With the 911 marketplace the way it is, you might want to bump the price up a bit before mass advertising it. It is always easier to negotiate if you have room above your target.

I assume it is listed on Rennlist, PCA and the other major Porsche message boards. With cars like this that have an enthusiast following, I've had great luck selling quickly on boards alone (my e36 M3 and e39 M5 recently). I've found Autotrader to not be very useful for niche vehicles.

So far it's listed only here. I've been waiting to take interior shots. I did this AM. They are attached to the OP.

Looking at ebay, I am starting to wonder if I should ask 56k, but I don't want to risk being too greedy.

I have no problem taking it to the dealer. It's a 1/2 mile from work. What I don't want is people asking me to take it to mechanic "X" 35 minutes away.

FC
09-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Update: Interior shots have been attached to original post.

JST
09-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Just as a point of comparison:

http://www.intersportsales.com/2007-Porsche-911/Used-Car/Mclean-VA/6492550/Details.aspx?utm_source=997+turbo+atlas+grey&utm_campaign=Carrera+4+sales+promotion&utm_medium=email

This just showed up in my inbox.

bren
09-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Vehicle Options:

4x4

:lol:

equ
09-21-2015, 07:13 PM
What does ebay take from a $50k sale (just for round numbers' sake)? I'm thinking of listing a $7k motorcycle there.

Alan
09-21-2015, 09:40 PM
What does ebay take from a $50k sale (just for round numbers' sake)? I'm thinking of listing a $7k motorcycle there.

The price looks to be about $125 total but I think it might vary a few extra $$ depending on the options you take when selling the car ... if you take a longer auction, put a 'buy it now', etc its a little more ... basically it's under $200 ...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

lemming
09-28-2015, 03:59 PM
sorry, my house is not in order right now, to be ready to buy.

FC
09-28-2015, 06:38 PM
sorry, my house is not in order right now, to be ready to buy.

No problem. I have two serious interested parties and a few tire kickers. If nothing pans out his week, I'll advertise nationally and/or go to with ebay.

Plaz
09-28-2015, 11:03 PM
I would seriously consider it if I didn't still love my car so much.

John V
09-29-2015, 07:22 AM
I would seriously consider it if I didn't still love my car so much.

Same

bren
09-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Same
Me three.

I don't know that I want a Turbo, but I just got a quote on having the subframe braces welded in on the m3. Maybe I'm still in shock but it finally has me considering other options.

lemming
09-29-2015, 11:16 AM
this car is as good as it gets, in terms of condition. the higher mileage hurts value, but is actually better for the mechanical bits and pieces --better than a car that sits there and never gets to temperature.

that written, caveat emptor as everything is more expensive on a Turbo and this one has some normal prevenative maintenance coming.

i'd buy it if i settled my C4S sale. i just can't overreach right now and make things too complicated.

John V
09-30-2015, 07:01 AM
I like that it's higher mileage. I wouldn't feel bad about driving it all the time.

But this car scratches an itch that I don't have. I love the Boxster too much.

FC
10-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Lowered price. $52k.

Alan
10-10-2015, 04:42 PM
I really think you should put this car on eBay ... it will sell quick especially since your pricing it very reasonable.

You started this thread a little over 3 weeks ago and I'm sure you have it on autotrader but your stuck sitting waiting for a buyer ... eBay will get it sold and there will be a lot of action if you do the ad right ...

I've sold a lot of my cars on eBay and would be happy to help you out if you want and we will get that car sold !!

FC
10-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Accepted offer. Sale pending test drive.

FC
10-26-2015, 01:50 PM
I really think you should put this car on eBay ... it will sell quick especially since your pricing it very reasonable.

You started this thread a little over 3 weeks ago and I'm sure you have it on autotrader but your stuck sitting waiting for a buyer ... eBay will get it sold and there will be a lot of action if you do the ad right ...

I've sold a lot of my cars on eBay and would be happy to help you out if you want and we will get that car sold !!

(Just saw this)

Thanks AF. I was seriously considering a Buy it now of $49,999, but I got and accepted an offer for $50k, and all of a sudden I happen to have a lot of serious interest on it. I'll hold off on ebay and see what happens with this offer and the other 5 guys who are all over it.

zach
10-26-2015, 01:53 PM

:thumbup:

rumatt
10-26-2015, 02:11 PM
:thumbup:

:+1

bren
10-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Congrats. I'm annoyed and relieved all at the same time. :ack:

Rennlist?

I'm definitely interested in any words of wisdom.....

John V
10-26-2015, 03:42 PM
$50k seems like a bonkers deal for that car. I didn't really want it, but that price was getting me thinking about it in a way that I didn't expect.

From the pictures and description it looked beautiful. Lots of car for the money.

I wonder if this is one of those cars that I'm going to kick myself for not buying ten years from now. :)

bren
10-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Here's to hoping it takes 10 years to regret it.

clyde
10-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Here's to hoping it takes 10 years to regret it.

I'm not going to buy what you're selling, but, you know, if I was going to do something stupid, how much would it cost me?

bren
10-26-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm not going to buy what you're selling, but, you know, if I was going to do something stupid, how much would it cost me?

It would have been cheaper a few hours ago. :lol:

Alan
10-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Congrats. I'm annoyed and relieved all at the same time. :ack:

Rennlist?

I'm definitely interested in any words of wisdom.....

Here is an auction I helped my cousin do for his Camaro SS, he had done an ad and I went in and added quite a few things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-Super-Sport-/131636568016?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1ea6269fd0:g:rIgAAOSwYHxWKj8k&item=131636568016

For me some of the key things to eBay is:
You've got to try to put enough information in the ad so that you answer people questions before they ask
You always give some backround about yourself and why your selling the car. In this case he is having his second child.
Let people know the negatives about the car so they can see your not hiding anything plus you don't want any surprises when they get the car.
Let them know you love and care about your cars ...
I always do it auction style without a buy it now and a very low starting price so that you get a lot of bids on the car and it makes the auction seem hot. It intrigues people when they see a lot of bids on a particular car and it makes it more desirable.
Also the reason I don't do buy it now is people now know they have no chance of getting your car for much less under it so that kills the idea of starting off at a low price and getting a ton of bids.
When people message you and ask always disclose your reserve or at least a ball park of where it is
Answer every question right away with a lot of details.
Try to get 2 weekends in the car sale if possible (10 day auctions make it possible to do this)
Try to end the auction in the evening for both coasts, people in California are looking to buy cars and it is good when they are home and not at work distracted so if you can end the auction around 6 pm west coast time that would be perfect (this auction I made a mistake and started it in error way too early)
Lots of pictures and be heavy on the description, make people feel comfortable buying a car site unseen
Also I always put some thing in the ad of how Important positive feedback is for me and that I've sold other cars on eBay And I list some of the cars sold and tell them I could provide references if needed.

Anyway I hope this helps anyone looking to sell o eBay, it has worked well for me.

Alan
10-26-2015, 06:42 PM

Awesome news :thumbup:

FC
10-27-2015, 08:19 AM
$50k seems like a bonkers deal for that car. I didn't really want it, but that price was getting me thinking about it in a way that I didn't expect.

From the pictures and description it looked beautiful. Lots of car for the money.

I wonder if this is one of those cars that I'm going to kick myself for not buying ten years from now. :)

That's what I thought. I really would have kept it longer and certainly would have been more patient, but a bit of a discount to avoid paying registration/taxes/insurance and having the extra room through the winter was worth it, IMO.

Let's hope the sale goes through. It's a RI guy who works in Boston who recently sold a 993TT and wants a driver 996/997TT. Great local deal for him. He is coming tomorrow AM to see it/drive it.

And yes, I hooked up with him through rennlist.

zach
10-27-2015, 08:37 AM
That guy seems like the perfect customer for this car. He knows Turbos and should know what to expect with your car. Good stuff and good luck with the sale.

bren
10-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Looking at 996 turbos makes 997 turbos look like the smart choice.

My wife was bummed, but she really just wanted an excuse to go to Boston. :lol:

FC
10-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Well, buyer loved it. He really was the perfect buyer. Wasn't uber picky about the minor cosmetic flaws. He plans on driving it a lot.

Now just waiting for dealer to fix the leaky CV boot and it will be gone.

Big P-car fan. Has 3 other 70's & 80's 911's (beyond the pristine 993TT he just sold) and a modified 981S with a 991S engine and brakes (his thread on it here (http://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-forum/779407-impressions-of-my-981-boxster-w-bgb-3-8l-991s-conversion.html)). That's what he drove in on. Awesome car.

Should be gone by mid next week at the latest.

Jeff_DML
10-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Well, buyer loved it. He really was the perfect buyer. Didn't care about the handful of small stone chips. He plans on driving it a lot.

Now just waiting for dealer to fix the leaky CV boot and it will be gone.

Big P-car fan. Has 3 other 70's & 80's 911's (beyond the pristine 993TT he just sold) and a modified 981S with a 991S engine and brakes. That's what he drove in on. Awesome car.

Should be gone by mid next week at the latest.

congrats, time to start searching for a new car:)

bren
10-28-2015, 12:41 PM
He plans on driving it a lot.

I saw one for sale somewhere with ~207k miles on it. :cool:

For me some of the key things to eBay is:
Thanks. How do you handle things like payment and contact info?

FC
10-28-2015, 01:11 PM
congrats, time to start searching for a new car:)

Yeah, well, the prudent thing to do is to hang tight with the newish LR4 and the MCS replacement (GTI PP this spring?) at least until the LR4 is paid off or close to it, so 2 years or so.

At that point, I'd like a fast sedan and/or a roadster. But there's time to sort that out.

zach
10-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Congrats!

fast sedan

M6 Gran Coupe 6spd!

FC
10-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Congrats!

M6 Gran Coupe 6spd!

Pretty and fast, but too pricey and big.

Since I've got a couple of years, I want to see what ever comes of the rumored RS4, the comp pkg F80, and the new, fast Alfa.

There is always just a nicely spec'd 340i.

Jeff_DML
10-28-2015, 05:43 PM
Pretty and fast, but too pricey and big.

Since I've got a couple of years, I want to see what ever comes of the rumored RS4, the comp pkg F80, and the new, fast Alfa.

There is always just a nicely spec'd 340i.

how about this? checks off a lot of your requirements :lol:

http://images.craigslist.org/00C0C_4mFnSc1mZpY_600x450.jpg

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5288572785.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/27/2011-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-convertible-worst-idea-ever/

FC
10-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Um, wow.

kognito
10-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Um, wow.

:+1 Someone should e-mail them and ask if they could put the roof back on! :lol:

oh, and I think I sold my S4 today

Alan
10-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Thanks. How do you handle things like payment and contact info?

Sorry for the late response, you automatically get the contact info once the auction ends ... In regards to payment I always ask them to do a wire transfer from their bank to mine and full payment is required before I release the car. Most of the time I have the money and the car for a few days before the car is even picked up.

If they give me a bank check (which is rare and it makes me a little nervous because people can create fake checks) and if they happen to pick up the car in person which is also very rare then I ask them to email me a copy of the check prior and I call the bank to try to confirm it is a real check which sometimes in this day and age of privacy laws makes it tough. If the bank won't give me the info I ask the buyer to contact their bank manager and give them permission to talk to me, I then Google the bank for their phone number which is another step I take to confirm I am calling an actual bank and not some fake number the buyer might give me.

The bottomline is most people are honest and fortunately I have not ran into any major problems. If you do an auction and need any help let me know.

FC
11-03-2015, 10:07 AM
SOLD. Driven away this AM by the new owner. :(

Josh (PA)
11-03-2015, 10:24 AM
SOLD. Driven away this AM by the new owner. :(

Well at least you got to say you owned it. It sounded like an awesome car, but not something you could really take advantage of.

You should check this out and see if it would be a better fit for your family:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=02108&endYear=2013&vehicleStyleCodes=CONVERT&modelCode1=1_SERIES&showcaseOwnerId=69578421&startYear=2010&makeCode1=BMW&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&searchRadius=200&mmt=%5BBMW%5B%5D%5B1_SERIES%5B%5D%5D%5D&listingId=407665367&Log=0

Fun - check
Convertible - check
6sp Manual - check
4 seats with plenty of room for 2 kids and school bags - check

FC
11-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Well, yeah. It was a great experience to have owned it within 2 days of exactly 3 years. To have done so with zero net cost (other than opportunity cost) really is incredible.

Also, not having been arrested or ticketed is pretty remarkable.

It was a double edge sword of feeling so damn cool or seeming like a DB at different times or at the same time depending on the circumstances.

My thoughts on future cars will likely be discussed at length on another thread. For now the plan is to sit tight (other than swapping the MCS for a GTI) at least until spring of 2017, and likely later.

Jeff_DML
02-27-2016, 11:21 PM