PDA

View Full Version : Mazda: "Driving Matters"

FC
06-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Damn, I love that slogan. Good Miata commercial too.

RMR
06-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Damn, I love that slogan. Good Miata commercial too.

I agree. I just wish they will make a Mazdapeed 6. It's such a good looking sedan and I think I would be an even better car with a V6 and AWD.

John V
06-12-2015, 07:24 PM
It's a shame they make nothing that I really want right now. Actually, I'd love an ND Miata, but I don't see getting rid of the Boxster for one. We'd love a Mazda 6 with Xenons, bluetooth audio and a manual trans, but that car doesn't exist. We'd like to replace our Mazdaspeed3 with a new one, but one doesn't exist. :(

FC
06-12-2015, 08:26 PM
It's a shame they make nothing that I really want right now. Actually, I'd love an ND Miata, but I don't see getting rid of the Boxster for one. We'd love a Mazda 6 with Xenons, bluetooth audio and a manual trans, but that car doesn't exist. We'd like to replace our Mazdaspeed3 with a new one, but one doesn't exist. :(

Well, yeah. The ND is what you get when you can't get a Boxster.;)

My wife thinks the ND looks awesome, so that's good.

Sharp11
06-13-2015, 08:14 AM

Wrong.

The Miata is what you get when you want a lightweight, high-strung and inexpensive sports car in the old, simple British two-seater tradition, not as an alternative to a Boxster.

That's good for you, because as much of an improvement this car is over the NC, I can't get past its looks - I especially hate that front end.

John V
06-17-2015, 10:55 AM

I don't really agree with that. I love my Boxster, but I can't help but think that the ND would scratch the itch well enough and for a lot less money. I do think I would miss two things: the power (though even with > 300hp the Boxster still could use a little more punch) and the trunk space (since we do take it on trips).

I love the looks of the ND as well.

FC
06-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Well, realistically, I find it hard ot ever be in a situation where a purely fun car will be worth 30k. A $15k-ish ND is likely to be what I'll get in a few years.

lemming
06-21-2015, 10:07 PM
It's a car no one else dares to make nowadays. But I strongly suspect I would tire of the engine noise and the need to constantly be on the engine for power. The NC was fun. For moments. Over time, it frustrated me to wait for the revs to build so the car would get some giddy up and go.

kognito
06-21-2015, 10:35 PM
it frustrated me to wait for the revs to build so the car would get some giddy up and go.

yeah, but this is an issue for a lot of "fun" cars

FC
06-22-2015, 08:09 AM
The ND IMO, gets close enough to a Elise to virtually make those an afterthought given their crazy resale. Sure they look more exotic and they have more top end, but I'd take a 15% weight and power penalty and get a lightly used ND instead.

lemming
06-23-2015, 07:21 PM
The ND IMO, gets close enough to a Elise to virtually make those an afterthought given their crazy resale. Sure they look more exotic and they have more top end, but I'd take a 15% weight and power penalty and get a lightly used ND instead.

Yes.

Where would you tow it to.....?