PDA

View Full Version : I love these pirellis

equ
07-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Finally for the long time in a while, I have the right set of tires for each car. The PS2's are great on the Cayman.

Even better are the P Zero Nero M&S on the s4avant (the seller had just put on a brand new set :) ). I don't know about snow but dry/wet/steering/comfort are all there. I honestly did not know all-seasons could be this good (for everyday purposes). I have heard that they might be discontinued and I am so so sad. I've just been missing out on most of my cars on this great tire.

Rob
07-05-2007, 05:31 PM
I will take the Khumo's I have on currently (at $50 a tire!) over the Pirellis any day. I have never been that impressed with the Pirelli all seasons when I have had them or had the opportunity to drive with them. It might depend on the car and/or driving habits though.

equ
07-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I've found tires to be very car dependent. I've found the pirellis to be great on the audi, and I expect to put them on the impreza. Also, you live in California, so the whole game changes....

Rob
07-05-2007, 06:11 PM
well, yeah, but I didn't always live in Cali. I haven't had Pirellis since I came out here. It could very well be car dependent though. The Khumos I have now are all season (picked entirely based on price - it's a commuter car after all).

3LOU5
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I've had my set of Pirelli PZero Neros M&S for about 2yrs/25,000 miles now. :)

I'd have to agree with you that they are pretty decent. And for the price, you really can't beat them.

They handle the white stuff quite well for an all-season, but when gradual uphills are encountered, they're not all that great.

And because of their tread pattern, they tramline pretty badly. :mad:

equ
07-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Haven't noticed any tramlining on the Audi, and I keep'em high, 40psi. Here's to steering without any kickback (or feedback for that matter)...

3LOU5
07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Hmm. Perhaps that is my problem. :confused:

I've got mine set at 37 psi at all four corners.