PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft wireless notebook mouse receivers

operknockity
07-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Anyone have any spare receiver modules for Microsoft wireless laptop mice they care to part with? Or do you know a source of the receiver modules where I can get some?

Those teenie tiny laptop mice are just too small for me to use comfortably so I've take to using a desktop mouse with my laptop. But the desktop wireless mice come with these (relatively) huge receiver modules so the receiver can be placed in a convenient location while the PC is usually under the table and such, but are too big to toss in to the laptop bag. However, the MS desktop wireless mouse does work with a receiver module from a Microsoft wireless laptop mouse, so now I need more of those receiver modules.

I tried the MS mouse with a Logictech laptop receiver module but could not get it to talk to the MS mouse. Not sure it the Logitech and MS receivers are interchangeable in general or just not between the particular units I have, so I'd prefer to get both as MS parts. And I'd prefer not to have to spend $$ to buy the whole package just to throw out the mouse and keep the receiver.

ff
07-03-2007, 09:02 AM
You know, I might just have one. At the very least, I'm pretty sure that I have the entire Microsoft cordless mouse/receiver combo, and don't use it anymore. Unfortunately, I'm in Mpls for 2 weeks, and the mouse is in FL. If you can wait until I get back, you can have it. Let me know.