PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is my fuel cap?

FC
01-06-2015, 04:42 PM
vupgBykQnko

dan
01-06-2015, 04:43 PM
MxTQT9LmzTY

dan
01-06-2015, 05:03 PM
I'm actually impressed with how relatively well she maneuvers the car, for as stupid as she appears to be.

Not enough people know about the triangle

http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/73/91/63497998204257/0/what-side-your-car-is-gas-tank-on-easy-trick-will-tell-you-every-time.w654.jpg

ZBB
01-06-2015, 05:09 PM
That needs some Benny Hill music...

kognito
01-06-2015, 07:51 PM
If the beetle hadn't pulled up, she would still be circling the pumps.

My Fusion (and I'm guessing Clyde's focus) doesn't really have a gas cap per say. The fuel door is also the cap

kognito
01-06-2015, 07:52 PM
That needs some Benny Hill music...

:+1

bren
01-06-2015, 07:59 PM
MxTQT9LmzTY

On the way to Nebraska this past summer, I stopped at a hole in the wall station somewhere in middle America that still has those old school pumps - I watched an elderly couple struggle to figure out what to do before finally walking over and flipping the lever for them. :lol:

FC
01-06-2015, 09:53 PM
On the way to Nebraska this past summer, I stopped at a hole in the wall station somewhere in middle America that still has those old school pumps - I watched an elderly couple struggle to figure out what to do before finally walking over and flipping the lever for them. :lol:

You'd think old people would remember those.

Plaz
01-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Not enough people know about the triangle

I don't think any of my cars has had the triangle.

lip277
01-06-2015, 10:17 PM

You'd think old people would remember those.

If you are in a non Stage III smog area - those pumps are still around. I get often gas at a station near me that has those types of pumps.

But - I do admit, that age of dispenser is not very common overall.

Terri Kennedy
01-07-2015, 01:28 AM
I encountered an ancient pump somewhere in Montana or Wyoming. It was in a dirt parking lot in front of a scary redneck bar and allegedly offered 2 types of fuel - leaded and 85 octane unleaded. It had a chain around it and a paper note under the glass that said "multiply price by 4" as it only went up to 99.9 cents/gallon.

I had to go inside the scary bar to get the bartender to unlock the pump so I could put a couple gallons in the Atom to make it to the next major town, where I apologized to the Atom with a tank of 260 GT 100 octane race fuel.

lupinsea
01-07-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't think any of my cars has had the triangle.

Ha! I don't think i've noticed that triangle any of the fuel gauges of any of the vehicles I've driven. I certainly don't recall it on any of our current vehicles.

Learn something everyday.

So . . . I'm good for today and it's not even lunch time. :thumbup:

wdc330i
01-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Don't need the triangle; just the pump handle part of the icon. Admittedly I just learned this last year.

ZBB
01-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Don't need the triangle; just the pump handle part of the icon. Admittedly I just learned this last year.

That one is not universal.

But what do I know... That symbol does not appear in my car...